This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

I absolutely love to travel, but being in college with a tight budget makes it extremely difficult. After researching cheap ways to travel, I stumbled upon an app called Skyscanner, and instantly fell in love.

Skyscanner allows you to find the most affordable travel options for you. The free application lets you type in your nearest airport, the dates you want to travel, (or you can select “anytime” if you’re just looking for the best deals year round) and it shows you the most affordable places to travel from your local airport, from cities all around the world. In addition, you are able to find the best prices with hotel and flight bundles, as well as car rentals.

According to their website, 60 million people from around  the world book from their app or website every month! Their service is unbiased and free, so you’re guaranteed to find the very best deals. Skyscanner lives by a simple motto: “We’re a high- growth business with a simple aim: to inspire travellers around the world and make travel search as easy as possible through our world- class technology”.

I personally have not used the app yet, but have spent quite a bit of time scrolling through. I am planning on using it this year to find a cheap flight for my annual trip to  Boston to visit family. Currently on Skyscanner, you can book a roundtrip to Boston from May 17-May 21 for only $77. Looks like the perfect time to go!

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.