This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

When you’re in college, you already have a lot going on with juggling all your classes. But being involved is just as important. Whether its clubs, Greek life or sports, you’ll find yourself branching out even more and your skill set will grow.

First off, campus involvement allows you to make and grow friendships. Usually, when you are involved in something, everyone in that group has at least one thing in common. You’ll form lifelong friendships and connections not just in your college years but as you graduate and go into the real world as well.  

It also looks great on your resume. Employers are interested in what you have done during your college years. Your involvement in various activities shows that you are able to handle many different tasks at once. It will make you stand out from others who are trying to get the same job as you.

Sometimes, it can even be an awesome stress reliever. You are working all day on homework and going to classes. Then you get to go to your club or sports team and relieve all that stress and do something you love.

Overall, it’s just a fun thing to do. You are able to take a break from all your homework and do something you enjoy doing. Now, be careful not to overload yourself with to many campus organizations. Find a couple of things that really interest you and make sure they’re things you will be happy to be part of.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.