This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Having your own apartment means you get to express yourself and decorate the way you want to. The best way to decorate is to make things yourself. It’s a fun way to relieve stress and showcase your creative side. The best part is, you don’t even have to be good at arts and craft. It doesn’t have to be perfect since you are adding your own style.

Here are some of the DIY projects I have done and some great ideas to do as well:

• Coffee Table Tray:

This one I made for my apartment and it was super easy to make. I got the tray from Target and it was just wood at the time. To cover it, use any paint color of your choice. I also wrapped some twine around the handles. Then place some candles inside to make a nice touch to any family room.

• Mason Jar Flower Arrangement:

You’ll need three mason jars, paint, flowers, twine and a small rectangle tray for this. With the mason jars, you can paint them and design them any way you’d like. Once they are dry, wrap twine around the top. Put in any flowers you like, then place the mason jars in the tray. I also distressed the jars to give a more rustic feel.

• Canvas:

You cannot go wrong here. Get a canvas and start painting or drawing. This is a great way to express yourself.

These are just three of the hundreds of DIY projects out there; the options are endless. So, go and start expressing yourself through art.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.