Cutie Couples: Nick Schmidt and Libbie Junker

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

Names: Nick Schmidt and Libbie Junker

Before reading this, I’d like you to know that I interviewed these two separately, and neither knew the others answers. Take a look at how similar their answers were!

Major:

Libbie Junker: Business Management, minor-Business Admin, and Interdisciplinary Communications

Nick Schmidt: Business Management, minor-entrepreneurship

Year:

LJ: Senior

NS: Super Senior

Hometown:

LJ: Stillwater

NS: Redwood Falls

Her Campus: How long have you two been dating?

Libbie Junker: “Oh god, Facebook official, August. None Facebook official, June.”

Nick Schmidt: “I should know this… *counts on fingers* seven months?”

HC: What was one of the best dates you two have been on?

LJ: “OK, I would say when we went to Neighbors, and we both got super dressed up. He was wearing suit and tie; I was wearing a dress and heels. He called ahead and they set the table up with flowers and a tablecloth. Back when he was trying to impress me.”

NS: “We went to dinner really dressed up. I called ahead and asked them to make it something special, so they had hand-picked flowers and a tablecloth and everything. It wasn’t for a special occasion, just because.”

HC: How did you two meet?

LJ: “Class, Enterprise Resource Planning business class. We sat at the same table. I don’t know why he was interested, I hated that class and was super crabby and mean all the time.”

NS: “I stalked her in class.”

HC: Tell me something unique about each other:

LJ: I don’t know, he’s pretty basic. He’s obsessed with League of Legions and is in the top 1 percent of the United States, I’m embarrassed to say.”

NS: “She has a terrible memory. But when it comes to music she can listen to a song once and know every single word, it’s the dumbest thing.”

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

LJ: “I have a job on campus with printing services, I have an internship with the Women’s Center, and I’m in Women of Action committee, marketing club, and international business club.”

NS: “I’m a member of Sigma Nu and President of MNSU League of Legends.”

HC: Why did you choose MNSU?

LJ: “After going to the U and being freaked out by the size, I thought this would be a good alternative.”

NS: “Close to home. I went to UND my freshman year and my roommate tried to set me on fire, so I thought I’d transfer.”

HC: Who is your woman crush?

LJ: “My best friend Courtney Foster. But as a celeb, Olivia Wilde.”

NS: “Olivia Wilde.”

HC: Who is your man crush?

LJ: “I would say Paul Wesley.”

NS: “Cam Gigandet.”

HC: What is your favorite thing about each other?

LJ: “I like his personality; he’s pretty funny and suuuper sarcastic. So am I, so he gets my sense of humor and doesn’t get offended.”

NS: “How goofy she is.”

HC: What could we find you two doing on a typical Friday night?

LJ: “Probably raging downtown, or if it was low key we’d make dinner and watch House.”

NS: “Getting hammered, making food, and watching House.”

HC: Who made the first move?

LJ: “Obviously him. He was Facebook creeping messaging. I thought he was just a classmate trying to get help from me, I was completely oblivious, but then he asked for my number.”

NS: “Me. I Facebook creeped her, sporadically texted her, then asked her at the date at the end of the semester.” 

Hello! I'm Abby and am a writer for Her Campus MNSU. I am in my third year here at Mankato and pursuing an accounting major. Outside of class, I play for the women's tennis team and enjoy going out with friends.
Shaela Nelson (pronounced Shay-la), commonly referred to as Shae, is a Junior at Minnesota State University, Mankato, majoring in marketing and minoring in entrepreneurship. Shaela enjoys being a part of many organizations on campus, volunteering with animals and randomly busting out crazy dance moves. Being from the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," you can find her enjoying the lake-life while boating, at any given time of the summer - when she's not a nanny for her favorite kiddos. Shaela enjoys writing for Her Campus because it allows her to express herself and the many ideas she has. Life Motto: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you imagined." -Henry David Thoreau