Are You in a Healthy Relationship?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

How do you know if your relationship is healthy? Are you even in the right one? These questions are not always easy to answer, but if you are asking them at all, chances are your relationship is not healthy.

A healthy relationship should, at least, keep you:

• Feeling protected and safe

It’s important that your mind and soul feel peace while you’re with your partner. You should not feel any insecurities or doubt being with the right person in a healthy relationship

• Always wanting to share.

You trust someone enough and feel comfortable enough to share all things with them, even details happening in your life. You are happy to share parts of yourself with them, knowing that it’ll leave the both of you feeling happy.

• Feeling stronger and braver than ever

Because you know that no matter what, there will always be someone there to hold you up and take care of you. And, with the person beside, you feel brave enough to do anything.

• Always thinking about the future together

Planning a happy and fulfilling future that includes both of you is a goal of yours.

• Happy

You may feel many things because the life is complex and throughout the time together, many things happen, but in general, you look back and you see yourself happy most of the time.

• Not questioning it

You may feel uncertain about other decisions, but thinking about the relationship with that one is certainly not one of them

Thao Do

Minnesota

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.