5 Exercises to Get Those Booty Gains

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MNSU chapter.

1.    Weighted bridges

To do a bridge, sit on the ground with your back against a bench, and have your knees bent. Feet should be flat on the floor and an even width apart. Squeeze your glutes and raise your pelvis to equilibrium with your hips. Add weight to make it harder and to improve performance.

2.    Squats

Squats are overall one of the best lifts you can do to maximize your muscle growth in your glutes and legs. To accomplish a squat, put some weights on the bar and even your shoulders underneath it. Lift up and make sure the bar is spread out evenly on your traps. Back up and begin to squat down until your knees hit a 90-degree angle, and then come back up.

3.    Lunges

Lunges are very simple and you can do them almost anywhere. It is up to you if you want to use weights or not, either way, you can see results. Simply step forward and bend your knee to a 90-degree angle and then come back to neutral position. Do the same thing with the other leg, and continue to rotate until you have finished your set.

4.    Single Leg Squats

Single leg squats are very similar to a lunge. To do a single leg squat correctly, one must first find a bench and a weight you feel comfortable with. Place one of your shin on the bench, while the other leg is standing straight up on the ground. Next, slowly bend your knee that is on the ground until you have reached a 90-degree angle, and then come back to neutral position. Make sure to switch over to the other leg!

5.    Squat jumps

Squat jumps are fairly easy to do, but they are exhausting, which is why they are such a good workout for your legs and glutes! Start with your body in a low squat position, making sure your knees are at 90 degrees. Then, explode up and jump as high as you can. When coming back down, go right into your squat again. Repeat.

Sammy is what you would call a Student Solider. She is in the Army and also a Senior at MNSU. Her major is Mass Media and her minor is Communication Studies. She is from Cottage Grove, MN and enjoys her weekends in the cities. She enjoys being the Her Campus MNSU Chapters Campus Correspondent and also Young Life. She wishes that fall season was year round, but living in Minnesota she will have deal with all the seasons it brings.