Reebok FitHub Upper East Workshop

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Last weekend Reebok FitHub invited NYC collegiettes to their Upper East Side location for a free workshop in dorm fitness and nutrition. Michele Gordon (aka Miss Motivational), author of Sweat For Success, led the workshop teaching fun workouts and beneficial lifestyle tips.  Michele went to college at Binghamton University and knows what it is like balancing school, jobs, and social events. As college students in New York City, we are constantly on the go, how are we supposed to fit in time to exercise? Michele works to inspire and motivate people to make good use of the little time they do have in their schedules to improve their health and overall well-being. She provided us tips and encouraged us to practice intense, but easy-to-do workouts that can be done in our dorm rooms in less than ten minutes. Reebok FitHub served as the perfect setting for the workshop. It’s not just a store… it’s a fitness and wellness center that gives you access to high-quality work out apparel and information on local classes and nutrition.

Michele Gordon’s Top Tips:

• Set goals and be real about it. Always have a plan.
  • If it’s not fun you won’t stick with it.
  • You need to live a little and enjoy life; you don’t need to work out all of the time.
  • When in doubt, squat or do some wall sits.
  • Sleep in your gym clothes.
  • Good snacks = combining 2/3 good groups, like apples and peanut butter. Healthy fats and proteins will keep you full and energized.
  • Blueberries improve memory and bananas help hangover headaches.
  • Have a full meal before you go out. There are foods that won’t bloat you (such as bananas and sweet potatoes.)
  • When you are out, double fist water and alcohol.

Reebok FitHub is the all-new retail experience from Reebok. Stop by to check out their awesome selection of work out gear and talk to a personal trainer or wellness expert. http://www.reebok.com/fithubuppereast.

Jessica Norton, 22, Communication Arts major / Journalism minor at Marymount Manhattan College in New York City. Pop Writer at MTV News. Creator and host of YouTube show of Camera By Her Side. Former Editorial intern at Us Weekly magazine, Features Entertainment & Lifestyles Intern at Seventeen Magazine, Assistant Team Advisor at NSLC Journalism, Film, and Media Arts, and Alloy Entertainment Digital Intern. I love yoga, traveling, pop culture, froyo, the beach, boy bands, bright colors, and lemonade. @jessnort || @camerabyherside