My First Year Of College In NYC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

It’s hard to believe that my roommates and I only met in August because it feels like we’ve always lived together. We’ve all had a really great first year and although it’s been a bit of whirlwind, it’s gone by too fast because we’ve been having so much fun goofing off and enjoying the city.

Here’s a breakdown of our first year of college!

August

After we moved in at the end of August, we began welcome week and got to get to know the school, NYC, and each other. This was our first picture together on our first day as Marymount students (our 4th roommate came that night!)

September

Our very first group outing of the year was brunch at Sarabeth’s followed by a stroll through Central Park.

October

For Halloween, we decided on being the Winnie the Pooh gang as a group costume and took a bunch of pictures while listening to Halloween music in our apartment.

November

Right around Thanksgiving break, we decided to go check out Bryant Park and ended up going back in December too.

December

December brought the first major snowfall of the season and Central Park became a winter wonderland.

January

Being home for all of January made everyone really excited to come back to the city so two of us went to Soho the same afternoon we moved back into our dorm.

February

During the first weekend of the Spring semester, we all went to The American Museum of Natural History as part of our quest to get out more second semester.

March

One night in March we decided it was about time we got dressed up and went out so we finally went to Serendipity.  

April

April started the countdown to the end of the school year and I turned 19!

May

It’s already May! So far it’s been all about preparing for finals and packing up our apartment all while trying to enjoy the nice weather.​

And with that our first year of college is done!  We’re all coming back and living together next semester so here’s to the next 3!

Studying Fashion Marketing and Digital Journalism at Marymount Manhattan College in NYC in hopes of one day becoming a big time magazine editor.
Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli