I Tested Out New Glossier Products And Take All My Money Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

During a spur of the moment trip to the Glossier showroom in NYC, I grabbed a couple products that caught my eye. As a Glossier fan for life, I know a little bit too much about the cult-favorite baby pink makeup brand that has made a name for itself over the past few years. Along with my usual goodies, I picked up the famous boy brow and the new kid on the block, Lidstar in the shade fawn. Here’s a rundown of these two products and how I feel about them after putting them to a 12-hour test.

Boy Brow

I don’t think there’s a millennial alive who hasn’t heard of boy brow. Maybe it’s because it’s just that good, but I was definitely under the impression that the hype has a lot to do with Glossier’s killer branding and less with the actual quality of the product. But, after my beloved Benefit Gimme Brow was discontinued—I know, tragic-—I decided it was time to test out this bad boy. And, well, it rocks. It stayed put all day long—and let me tell you it was a long day. My only complaint is I wish the shade range offered a darker option to perfectly match my deep brunette. It didn’t stick to my skin the way some brow gels do, it made them look fuller, and they stayed in place all day while looking completely natural. And now I’m a believer.

Lidstar

This was one of the most exciting launches for me as I’m always in pursuit of a quick and easy eyeshadow that is long-lasting. Lidstar may be just that. While the shade range is small, it is oh so mighty. I’m convinced every shade would look spectacular on everyone because they are so gosh darn blendable. You can use one on its own or pop it on top of your usual shadows and it will always look amazing. Putting it on is a bit odd because it seems like it wouldn’t dry down, but I promise it does. And when it’s done you’re left with a nice wash of color that is blendable, buildable, and so freaking pretty. Fawn is definitely my favorite shade, as it’s deep enough on my skin to look great alone while also being a nice topper for my everyday mattes. I am so looking forward to adding some more shades to my collection!

Glossier certainly seems to have done it again! But, let’s be honest, have they ever steered any of us wrong? 

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli