Every Girl’s College Guide To Fall Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

Fall has always been my favorite time of year. From the colorful leaves to the sweet smell of everything pumpkin spice! Check out some of my favorite fall essentials to get you in the spirit of the season especially while in college. 

Treat Yourself 

The best thing about fall is all the delicious food! When the weather gets chilly, my favorite thing to eat is some warm fresh baked pumpkin bread, it is so good and will get you into *the* fall mood. A nice hot drink will also do the trick, my top picks are hot apple cider and Starbuck’s pumpkin spice chai lattes. They are so soothing and will warm you up. Bonus points if you drink them out of a cute fall themed mug!

Take a walk

Let’s talk about fall in The Big Apple. Watching the leaves in Central Park change to a beautiful arrangement of colors is incredible When the temperature drops and the air gets crisp walking through the park to get some fresh air and enjoy the colors is a total fall staple. Something about the way fallen leaves crunch under my feet as I am walking helps clear my mind and puts me in the best mood.

Decorate

When the feeling of fall really starts to set in I like to bring some of the fall atmosphere in my home, as well. I love decorating my room with mini pumpkins. They bring a little bit of nature and and a pop of color that fills the room with positive fall vibes. Having a nice fall candle will also put you in a cozy fall mood. Unfortunately candles are not allowed in most dorms, instead I use Bath And Body Works Wallflowers. The Wallflowers plug into an outlet and you fill them with any scent. The Pumpkin Vanilla Marshmallow scent to fills my dorm creating the perfect fall aroma. 

Dress the part 

Fall fashion is an absolute must! The weather is just right. Not too cold, not too hot, allowing you to dress however you want. So break out those sweaters and blanket scarves, or stick to shorts and skirts with some fun tights underneath! Anything goes! 

Fall is a great time to get back in the groove of things after summer and really focuses on what you want to accomplish by the end of the year. Take some time to clear your head and set some goals for yourself while enjoying the calmness of fall, because a hectic winter is just around the corner.

Campus Correspondent at MMM  Hey guys, I’m Kyra! I grew up in the small town of North Lake Tahoe and now I am going to college in the big city- New York City! It is such a dream come true to be living in New York! I love it so much! I am a Digital Journalism Major with a double minor in Fashion and Business Management.    Get in contact with me, I'd love to hear from you! Instagram: @kyramattson Blog: dream-catcher-blog.com