The Best ‘New Girl’ Episodes To Rewatch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at MMM chapter.

New Girl seems to have been MIA for quite some time, but that just gives fans the perfect opportunity to rewatch again and again. Here are the best episodes to watch again to get back into the spirit of apartment 4D.

S1:E4 Naked

Jess walks in on Nick while he’s naked and gearing up for a date with his hot co-worker. And things get, well, awkward. This episode really sets up the friendship between Nick and Jess—as well as the impending sexual tension between them. Plus, it’s absolutely hilarious.

S1:E6 Thanksgiving

The first of many epic Thanksgiving episodes, this is the day of disaster that beats them all. Complete with an awkward first date, burnt turkey, and even a dead body—what more could you ask for?

S2:E7 Menzies

Jess is recently unemployed and suffering from serious mood swings caused by that wonderful time of the month. The twist? It starts to affect the guys’ emotions too.

S2:E15 Cooler

If you’re in it to retrace Jess and Nick’s relationship, here’s the starting line. It’s guys night out and Jess is banned from attending because she is the “cooler” AKA the reason the guys aren’t getting laid. Of course, that may also have to do with Nick wearing a women’s trench coat the entire episode. Nevertheless, by the end of the episode, you’ll totally be rooting for Nick and Jess.

S3:E14 Prince

Cece and Jess are invited to a party at—you guessed it—Prince’s house. Moments before leaving, Nick blurts out those three very import words to Jess, to which she replies with finger guns. The only one capable of fixing this problem is Prince himself.

S3:E23 Cruise

After Nick and Jess break up, they bring the gang on a romantic cruise they booked for two. Coach is terrified of boats, Schmidt is hell-bent on winning Cece back with a grand gesture, and Winston is trying to solve everyone else’s problems. Meanwhile, Nick and Jess try to make their pre-paid “Grand Romance Package” work, but quickly realize that it won’t be so easy to be just friends again.

S4:E6 Background Check

In the process of becoming a cop, Winston’s background check involves his supervisor coming to the loft. Little does Winston know, Jess and the gang are doing all they can to get rid of a gallon size bag of meth Jess found inside a piece of furniture she bought at a garage sale. Season 4 slumps following Jess and Nick’s breakup, but this episode reached back to season 1 hilarity and set the rest of the season on an upswing.

S4:E15 The Crawl

The crawl is for all! Nick puts together a Valentine’s Day bar crawl after his breakup with Kai and brings the gang—and dozens of other hopeless singles—along for the ride.

S4:E18 Walk of Shame

Jess and Cece get blowouts that cause their confidence to go through the roof and their judgment to do just the opposite. They end up staying the night with Bearclaw and his roommate and decide to take back the morning by rocking the walk of shame all the way back to the loft. Great female empowerment with the perfect touch of self-loathing.

S5:E10 Goosebumps Walkaway

Most importantly, Jess is back from her court-appointed time out. And with her reentrance comes the departure of Reagan. Schmidt convinces Nick has to hit her with a “goosebumps walkaway” or as Schmidt describes it: “the line that rings in her ear for all eternity”. And Nick, being Nick, comes up with possibly the worst line of all time. The Reagan and Jess team up is just what we needed before Megan Fox left and “goosebumps walkaway” is now forever in our vocabulary.

S5:E12 D-Day

Jess agrees to help Schmidt with some wedding plans and ends up meeting a very attractive older man at a local winery. Little does she know, they have one very important disturbing thing in common.

S5:E22 Landing Gear

Who doesn’t love a good wedding between two main characters? It’s been a long time coming, but Schmidt and Cece finally tie the knot in the season 5 premiere. And though it didn’t go quite as planned, it still makes us cry happy tears.

S6:E2 Hubbedy Bubby

A classic newlywed bet between Cece and Schmidt leads Jess and Cece to a sorority party in pursuit of registering new voters. But, it isn’t until they offer up free booze that any of the students sign. And even then, they all turn out to be Trump supporters. Bummer.

Be sure to catch the last season of New Girl on Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on Fox!

Campus Correspondent at HC MMM. Communications student in NYC.  Instagram: @sara.capucilli