Your First Week Back At Mizzou (As Told By GIFs)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Saying goodbye to your parents was bittersweet, but we know you just couldn’t wait to come back to the Zou. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or campus’ fresh meat, Her Campus Mizzou knows exactly what it’s like to get into the swing of things. While college has its drawbacks (8 a.m.’s, no thank you), it definitely has its perks, so we’ve summarized your first few days back at school.

1. Seeing your roommates for the first time in like, ever (a range of three weeks to three months).

2. Moving into your new apartment/dorm/sorority house.

3. Ten minutes after moving into your new apartment/dorm/sorority house.

4. So instead, pizza.

5. You spend all night catching up.

6. Then, you picture showing up to class like this.

7. Until you step out into the Missouri heat.

8. No, really.

9. You read over your syllabus.

10. And you contemplate whether you should even show up.

11. If you do decide to go, you will struggle to find at least one class — no matter what year you are.

12. You will also struggle to stay awake.

13. So when you get home from class, you will only want to do one of two things.

Either this:

Or this:

14. Whatever you decide to do, you will end the night on a good note. With pizza, of course.

15. Then, it’s time for rounds two, three and four.

16. If you’re a freshman or sophomore, you will go to a frat party. If you’re a junior, you will try to sneak into one.

17. You might stay in and do homework, if you have that teacher.

18. You will have a fight with your printer (and printing quota).

19. You might even attempt to cook your first meal.

20. Or try to meet new people.

21. Regardless, by the end of the week, you will have already learned some pretty valuable life lessons:

A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO
HC Contributer Mizzou