What It’s Like To Stay Home During Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

While many of your friends are packing their bags for a trip down by the beaches in PCB or gearing up to do good deeds for MAB, you are preparing for a week of home-cooked meals and sleeping. A lot of people may think you’re crazy for going home during spring break, but you are certain there will be plenty of opportunities to make the most of your week at home. Here’s what you can expect from a spring break at home this year:

You expect a huge welcome when you get back. But you’ve only been away at school for two months, so your family isn’t as excited to see you as they were at Thanksgiving last semester.

The weekend is spent with friends and family at all of the typical hometown hangouts, but your friends will leave you on Monday since they still have school.

While your hometown friends are studying, you end up spending the majority of your time on the couch, eating free food from your parent’s fridge and catching up on Netflix.

Getting on social media means longingly looking at your college friends’ posts about their lavish vacation or meaningful mission trips, so you decide being a hermit is the best course of action.

But you get to sleep for hours on end and hopefully spend some much-needed time in the sun now that the freezing winter is finally ending, so that’s a plus.

Your spring break may not be that eventful this year, but at least you get to spend some quality time in a place that you miss while you’re away at school

And, hey, if nothing else, at least your dog is happy to see you.

Sarah Kloepple is a junior journalism student at Mizzou. She embraces her addiction to good television and the fact that she knows way too much movie trivia. Originally from St. Louis, Sarah loves spending time with family and friends and stopping frequently at any good frozen custard place (preferably Ted Drewe's). When she's not with her oldest friend Netflix, you can find her typing furiously on her computer somewhere or reading a good book outside. Follow her on Twitter: @skloep.