NYFW: Top 10 Trends For Spring 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.
A few weeks ago, it was that time of year again: New York Fashion Week. Don’t you wish you could have been important enough to attend this glorious fashion event? (I know I did.) Well, now you don’t need to because I am bringing NYFW to you. Here are the top 10 trends you need to know for spring 2015.

1. Simply suede

Who doesn’t want to be distracted by the soft feel of their clothing?

2. Bell bottom blues

TBT. Bell bottoms are back in fashion.

3. Big, big, big florals

“Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking”. — Miranda Priestly

4. Let’s take a picnic plaid

Everyone needs a little plaid in their life.

5. Playing in my parka

For those rainy, Starbucks-in-hand kind of mornings.

6. Birds of a feather

Spread your wings and try a new look.

7. I lilac you

Be pretty in pastel this spring.

8. Scalloped edges

It adds a feminine touch to any dress or top.

9. Prison striped

“Orange is the New Black” inspired look?

10. Frisky fringe

For when you want to shimmy your way to class.

See, you didn’t need to fly all the way to NYC for fashion week, everything you needed to know was right here. Sadly, I can’t give you a free gift bag. 

Sarah Kloepple is a junior journalism student at Mizzou. She embraces her addiction to good television and the fact that she knows way too much movie trivia. Originally from St. Louis, Sarah loves spending time with family and friends and stopping frequently at any good frozen custard place (preferably Ted Drewe's). When she's not with her oldest friend Netflix, you can find her typing furiously on her computer somewhere or reading a good book outside. Follow her on Twitter: @skloep.