A Note on the Tragedy in Brussels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

More than 30 people were killed on Tuesday in Brussels. Since then, the city has become the center of Europe’s battle against terrorism. Moving on with life after such a shocking attack has proven to be difficult for people of Brussels and the rest of the world.

Citizens of Brussels have been following the advice of the Belgian Prime Minister, Charles Michel, who advised everyone to stay indoors. It is nearly impossible to get around the city after the attacks; the streets are overflowing with police vehicles and ambulances.

ScheduleThe next step is preventing further attacks. More than nine suspects have been arrested in the past day in Europe. A man in France has been detained because there was suspicion of him planning his own attack. Law enforcement has found 4.4 pounds of TATP, an easy-to-make explosive, and a rifle.

As all of the chaos begins to subside, we must always remember to keep the people of Brussels in our thoughts. 

A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO