Must-Have Items For Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With spring break quickly approaching, we can’t help but get excited about being able to exchange a winter coat for that cute new bikini. But before you depart on your highly anticipated vacation, be sure to check you’ve included everything from this list of spring break essentials. By following this guide, you’re sure to have a fun spring break and look great while doing it.

Bikini

You’ve been working hard in the gym all winter, so it only makes sense to finally splurge on that bikini you have had your eye on for the past few weeks. You will be spending most of your days on the beach after all, and you might as well be comfortable and confident in what you’re wearing. Check out VictoriasSecret.com for a style for every body type.

Sundress

With no matching and no accessories required, it’s no wonder sundresses have become a spring break favorite. When the afternoon wraps up and you have to do a quick wardrobe change before dinner, throwing on a sundress is your best bet. It’s fun, flirty and super easy to pull off. Check out Forever21.com for great deals on these.

Swimsuit cover-up

When the sun gets too intense to handle, or the nights get too cool, don’t go back to your hotel room and miss out on the fun. Instead throw on a sexy swimsuit cover-up. Some of our favorites come from Victoria’s Secret. From sheer to sweaters to rompers, they’ve got you covered.

Heels

A great pair of heels is definitely a must-have for this year’s spring break. By opting for a more neutral-colored pair of heels, your legs will look longer and leaner. You will also be able to wear them with both your sundress during the day and your going-out outfit at night. With one multifunctional pair of heels, you’ll have more room to pack other items. Big spenders can check out Aldo, and more thrifty shoppers can head to Target.

Going-out outfit

After a long afternoon in the sun, some might be ready to call it quits. For others, it’s time to get ready to go out and continue the festivities. After all, spring break only comes once a year! When shopping for your late-night wardrobe, look for bold colors, which will get you noticed. Whether you’re wearing a dress, skirt or jeans, adding a pair of heels will always pull an outfit together. Forever21 is the perfect one stop shop for this portion of your attire.

[pagebreak]

Hat

Soaking up the sun all day can result in a major sunburn if your skin is not used to it. Instead of spending your days in pain, start your spring break right by rocking a stylish sun hat. Check out Payless for some cute and affordable options.

Sandals

The last thing you want to do after a long night out is a wear heels the next day. Opt for a brightly colored pair of sandals. They go great with any bikini, sundress or pair of shorts. We’ll say it again: Forever21!

Flowy blouse and shorts

For those windy afternoons when sundresses are not an option, pick a flowy top and a pair of shorts. This outfit still gives you that spring feel but will keep you covered. Check out Macy’s for endless options.

Shades

If you don’t want to squint at the sun all day, then be sure to pack a great pair of sunglasses. Check out your local Marshall’s or TJ Maxx to get a great deal on designer shades.

Self-tanner

For a last-minute tan, don’t rely on maxing out in the tanning bed the day before you leave for vacation. That could result in undesired results (and skin cancer – eek!) Instead opt for a more promising solution with a self-tanner. We like Coppertone’s gradual tan lotion. At $8, it is a great way to get that bronze look. It never leaves you streaky if you let it dry for a full 8 hours. Try putting it on before going to bed; allowing it to dry overnight seems to work the best.

Lindsay Roseman is a senior at the University of Missouri, studying magazine journalism and Spanish. In Columbia, she is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity, Mizzou For Malawi Steering Committee, and can be spotted on campus touring potential Journalism School-ers. This Chicago native loves a good Jodi Picoult book, trying new foods, traveling, and hitting the pavement for a run. After reporting for the school newspaper and interning in her hometown, she spent the summer in NYC at Women's Health Magazine and now is so excited for a great year with HC Mizzou!