Jimmy Hibsch ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Hey Collegiettes™, meet freshman Jimmy Hibsch, this week’s Campus Cutie! “Jimmy is adorable, friendly and nice to everyone,” says his nominator. “He is always smiling and happy.”

Hibsch took the Mizzou journalism world by storm a little earlier in his college career than most when he began working as a writer for the Maneater twice-weekly student newspaper the week before he graduated high school. Now, Hibsch works as an Assistant Editor for the paper and is loving his freshman year here at Mizzou.

Hometown: Arlington Heights, Ill.

Major: Journalism and Art

Campus involvement: The Maneater

Relationship status: Single

Astrological sign: Sagittarius

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? “Hopefully designing for a major ad firm in New York, Chicago or some other big city.”

Favorite quote: “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need.” – Rolling Stones

Favorite movie: Mean Creek

Last song played on iPod: “Itty Bitty Piggy” by Nicki Minaj

On your Christmas list: Rock of Love seasons one and two, Flavor of Love seasons two and three, a new bike and the Adobe Creative Suite

Most people don’t know: “That I am a closet Sesame Street Fan. I get Sesame Street tweets to my phone.”

Favorite Mark Twain dorm memory so far: “My roommate tried to make cookies in the microwave and smoked up the whole room. He set off the fire alarms 20 minutes before my birthday, and the whole building was evacuated.”

Know a guy or gal who you think should be our next Campus Cutie? Nominate your pick now!

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.