Inspiring Quotes Celebrating International Women’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

In honor of International Women’s Day, we gathered together a few of numerous quotes spoken by strong, beautiful and intelligent women. Here are some words of wisdom to brighten anyone’s day and make every woman realize just how special she is.

“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” – Malala Yousafzai

“Do not wait for leaders; do it alone, person to person. Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“Love yourself first, and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” – Lucille Ball

“Feminism is equality: politically, socially, and economically. That’s it, that simple.” – Emma Watson

“Many receive advice; only the wise profit from it.” – Harper Lee

“Be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland

“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe

“Only do what your heart tells you.” – Princess Diana

“A quality education has the power to transform societies in a single generation; provide children with the protection they need from the hazards of poverty, labor exploitation, and disease; and give them the knowledge, skills and confidence to reach their full potential.” – Audrey Hepburn

Studying to be a journalist at the University of Missouri in Columbia. Senior Editor and Writer at Her Campus Mizzou.
HC Contributer Mizzou