How to Transition Your Wardrobe from Summer to Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With the awkward transition to fall weather, it’s often time-consuming and frustrating to pick out an outfit for the day. Take a look at these three easy tricks to achieve a comfortable yet stylish look.

1. Emergency Cardigan 

Always keep a cardigan in your backpack. That way, in case you are ever stuck in a cold classroom, you can quickly slip it on. Getting a cute, neutral-colored cardigan makes it easy to match with any outfit you already have on. 

2. Light fabrics 

Stay away from wearing those bulky sweaters right away. I know, it’s a struggle; but the unpredictable heat of Missouri makes it hard to know when you can pull those sweaters out of your closet. If you stick with thin pullovers, though, you can totally make it work.

Same goes for pants. Wearing leggings as opposed to jeans will make sure your outfit isn’t weighing you down when the sun peeks out.

3. Be strategic where you show skin 

Instead of your go-to summer look of a tank and shorts, choose just one garment to show off skin. For instance, wear your favorite tank with longer pants. Or vice versa: wear a pair of shorts you just can’t say goodbye to yet with a long-sleeve shirt. It’s an easy transition outfit between seasons.

I'm a 30 Rock enthusiast who also loves David Bowie. That's all you need to know.
HC Contributer Mizzou