Style > Beauty

Honestly, Every Girl Should Be Excited for Fenty Beauty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

I may not have sat outside Sephora for the opening, but you better believe I refreshed my browser tab until the collection launched. Rihanna’s new makeup collection, Fenty Beauty, launched last week. Hours after, the internet flooded with reviews and product hauls from famous YouTubers to Instagram icons (believe me, I watched every single review).

Rihanna’s new makeup collection is praised for its inclusion of diverse skin shades and making sure every girl is at a complete level of comfort wearing makeup however, and with whatever, they would like. The line includes 40 different foundation shades and a trending highlighter called “Trophy Wife” (which is currently waiting in my shopping cart).

Since I didn’t know much about the brand — or Rihanna, for that matter — I went ahead and watched the launch party while I binged on video reviews. I was quite impressed. Not only did Rihanna seem like the most down-to-earth chick, but her support for minorities and making sure every girl felt confident in her makeup line was something most companies neglected to do. Afterward, I continued to replay and download about two different albums of hers, but that’s a story for another article.

The pricing may of some products may be a little expensive, but if you’re willing to treat yourself or add one of her beautiful items to your makeup collection, I’d say go for it. It’s hard to find a makeup line that lives up to its own message and is backed by one of the coolest chicks in media today.

“Makeup is there for you to play. It’s there for you to have fun with. It should never feel like pressure and it should never feel like a uniform.” –Rihanna’s statement on the Fenty Beauty website

Mizzou alumni with a passion for writing
HC Contributer Mizzou