photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

HCM Staff: What We’re Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

“I’m thankful for being backed by an amazing support system of friends and family who encourage me to follow my dreams. I’m also thankful for concerts, fashion blogs, my dog, Anna Wintour, Chicago and really great food.  :)” – Jamie Newman, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful that my mom, dad, sister and brother have become my best friends and for my three best girlfriends (you know who you are, ladies) who have become a part of my family. I’m also thankful for my mom’s editing perfectionism that has been instilled in me! The gift of the red pen!” – Beth Steffens, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for being able to host my family’s Thanksgiving feast!” – Sarah Harmening, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for being able to see all my family in Texas… and being able to see the last Twilight movie with my sisters (not ashamed).” – Jillian Hutton, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for having a healthy family I can go home to!” – Allison Goldberg, Campus Correspondent

“I am thankful for my loving parents, adorable kitties, awesome friends and the delicious food that will soon enter my belly.” – Lauren Dixon, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful to see all of my 60 cousins at Thanksgiving!” – Caroline Federer, Staff Writer

“I’m so thankful for my loving family and my three precious dogs to come home to!” – Emma Reynolds, Staff Writer

“I am thankful for the opportunity to go to Mizzou from out-of-state, but I am equally thankful to be going home this break to spend time with my family! I am also thankful to be going to London for an internship next semester, which is the opportunity of a lifetime for an Anglophile like me!” –Allison Pohle, Features Editor

“I’m thankful for my mom’s wonderful cooking which I am beyond excited to eat after 3 months of Dobbs.” –Michelle Jacobson, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful that I get to spend Thanksgiving with my family and friends eating home cooked food, then enjoying Black Friday sales!” – Amanda Becker, Staff Writer

“I’m thankful for all of the great things to look forward to during Thanksgiving break: time with my parents, playing Xbox with my brother, hanging with my two best friends from home, and a bunch of family coming to my house for a Thanksgiving feast!” – Brooke Hofer, Campus Correspondent

Photo Credits

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/may/24/anna-wintour-vogue-film-documentary

http://telling-secrets.blogspot.com/2011/11/thanksgiving-day-2011.html

http://www.frommers.com/destin…

Brooke Hofer is a senior at the University of Missouri. She is majoring in Strategic Communications through the School of Journalism while also pursuing minors in Classics, Psychology and a general Honors degree. In addition to writing for Her Campus, Brooke is an active member of Kappa Delta Sorority (Epsilon Iota chapter), Vice President of Sigma Alpha Pi, and she is a barista in the Columbia, Missouri area. Brooke loves working out, writing short stories, reading old books, and spending time with her family and friends in Kansas City. She hopes to eventually travel the world while working in the advertising or public relations industry.