This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.
This week our Campus Celeb is Hassan Kabul, senior and President of Alpha Phi Omega, a service fraternity here on campus! Kabul is a Health Sciences major from Plainfield, Ill. Read more about him below!

Her Campus Mizzou: What is Alpha Phi Omega and what is your position?
  Hassan Kabul:   Alpha Phi Omega is a service fraternity that exemplifies leadership, service, and friendship. We try to develop leaders through service events that help our campus, community, and nation. I currently serve as the President.

HCM: Why did you decide to join Alpha Phi Omega?
HK: In high school I was part of an interact club which basically goes out and serves the community. Ever since then I fell in love with volunteering and wanted to stay involved with it after I came to college and stumbled upon APO. 

HCM: What has been your favorite memory during your time as a member of APO?
HK: My favorite memory of APO was when we were volunteering for Habitat for Humanity. It was a day filled with laughter and I was surrounded by executive members and actives and I was just a pledge. We made so many jokes and it showed me that volunteering anywhere is a lot of fun and reinforced that I wanted to get more involved and give back to an organization that helped me find a place on campus. 

HCM: How can other students get involved in this organization?
HK: Other students can get involved in this organization by attending events during our rush week at the beginning of every semester. It’s usually either the second or third week of the semester.

HCM: Are you involved in any other organizations here on campus?
HK: I am also Vice President of Global Medical Training (a yearly trip to Nicaragua that sets up free medical clinics for people there) and a member of STRIPES (an organization that gives students a ride home on weekends).
A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO