Five Ways to Have Fresh and Glowing Makeup for the Spring Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With spring just around the corner, it’s a perfect time to try a new look. Now that warm weather and darty season has officially begun, here are some tips to help you look fresh and glowing (even after pulling two all nighters in a row):

1. Mix liquid illuminator into your foundation to make your skin glow. 

Put a drop or two of the stuff in your foundation for a dewy finish. Check out these ones:

2. Orange color corrector to hide undereye circles. 

The orange pigment will neutralize the purple undertones under your eyes and trick everyone into thinking you got enough sleep. Try these:

3. Use a liquid or cream highlighter to make your features pop.

Liquid highlighters are better than powders because they’re a lot smoother and look more natural, while a powder can end up looking cakey and gross. Try these ones:

4. Brown eyeliner is softer than black.

If you want to go for a fresh, natural look but still keep your eyes looking defined, try a brown liner instead of black. It’s much softer and less noticeable yet still gets the job done. Some suggestions:

5. Finish your look with lip plumping gloss.

A great way to finish off a natural look is by adding lip plumper. It’s just subtle enough to look good without being obvious. A few of my favorites:

Biochemistry major and psychology minor, Mizzou Class of 2021