Five Must-See Female Comedian Specials on Netflix

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

With the holiday season coming up, we’re all desperate for a break. Netflix has several options for entertainment, specifically in its standup comedy selections. Here are some comedy specials from female comedians that you will definitely benefit from watching.

Iliza Shlesinger

Source: Splitsider

Iliza Shlesinger’s stand-ups will leave you laughing for hours. She has not one but three Netflix specials to stream to your heart’s content. She may look like a sweet woman, but she packs a serious punch. With jokes about the drama of a girl’s night out and hangovers, Shlesinger’s humor is extremely relatable and hilarious.

Netflix specials: “Iliza Shlesinger: War Paint,” “Iliza Shlesinger: Freezing Hot” and “Iliza: Confirmed Kills”

Sarah Silverman

Sarah Silverman is notorious for her raunchy and political humor. She isn’t afraid to bring the shock factor, and her Netflix special lives up to these expectations. Her risky jokes aren’t for everyone, but her talent can’t be denied. If you want to witness a professional comedian, Sarah Silverman is the way to go.

Netflix special: “Sarah Silverman: A Speck of Dust”

Christina Pazsitzky

After giving birth to her first child, Christina Pazsitzky returned with a comedy special filled with the ugly truths of motherhood. She speaks of topics that are rarely brought up in public, let alone a stage. This includes stories of her pregnancy, dealing with her husband and a graphic tale of her episiotomy. This special isn’t for the faint of heart, but it will leave you begging for more of her stand-ups.

Netflix special: “Christina P: Mother Inferior”

Katherine Ryan

Source: Rotten Tomatoes

The humor in Katherine Ryan’s stand-up is casual but effective. She effortlessly brings laughs and makes comedy look easy. She involves the audience throughout the show, making the act almost interactive while she puts people on the spot. Katherine Ryan currently only has one comedy special on Netflix but, with the success it has brought, she deserves to be recognized as one of the greats in comedy.

Netflix special: “Katherine Ryan: In Trouble”

Chelsea Peretti

Chelsea Peretti is an example of a one-of-a-kind comedian, and she proves her talent in her Netflix special. She includes a snarky and sarcastic kind of humor, at times pretending to be extremely egotistical with lines such as, “I guess you could say I’m a direct vessel of God.” Peretti is well-known for her role in the comedy “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” as Gina Linetti, where she still portrays someone with narcissistic tendencies. She certainly found her niche, as her stand-up special is definitely worth the watch.

Netflix special: “Chelsea Peretti: One of the Greats”

Social Media Director • Mizzou Her Campus chapter Journalism - Magazine Design • Art & History minor • University of Missouri - Columbia      
HC Contributer Mizzou