This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

One of Mizzou’s most time-honored traditions, homecoming, is coming up on October 10, 2015. Homecoming is run by Mizzou’s Homecoming Steering Committee. Steer Co. is a group of  students who temporarily disaffiliate from their Greek houses in order to help homecoming run smoothly.

Her Campus Mizzou: How would you describe Steer Co.?
Emma: Steer Co. is a group of students who are in charge of planning, organizing and overseeing the homecoming events on campus.

HCM: What has been your favorite part of Steer Co. so far?
Emma: I’ve loved bonding with other members. We get to know the other members of our subcommittees very well. It’s a good way for us to contribute to the amazing tradition of  homecoming.

HCM: What other organizations are you involved in?
Emma: I’m in a sorority, I do Mizzou Alternative Breaks, I participate in Rockin’ Against Multiple Sclerosis (RAMS) and I’m also a student reporter for KOMU TV. 

HCM: What advice can you give to students who want to get involved?
Emma: Apply for everything. You might receive more “nos” than “yeses”, but getting the yeses are very worth the effort and the time. Also, you will probably get cool name tags and merchandise!

HCM: If you were chancellor of Mizzou for a day, what would you change?
Emma: I would make every Saturday a game day.
HC Contributer Mizzou