This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

MU engineering students annually participate in Engineers Week, a week-long celebration of their patron saint, St. Patrick. First celebrated in 1903, “E-Week’ has grown to include a benefit concert, a scavenger hunt, a quiz bowl, and a casino night. This year, E-Week began Friday, March 11 with a ceremony to light Jesse Hall green and ran through Saturday, March 19. The week ended with one of E-Week’s oldest traditions: a Ball Banquet, which featured the coronation of the E-Week King and Queen.

Jesse Hall glowed green every night last week in honor of Engineering Week 2011.

Seniors Davis McDonald and Brandon Smith stood at the side of the Knighting Ceremony stage, where St. Patrick knighted graduating engineering students. Each student kissed the blarney stone while St. Patrick tapped them on the shoulder with his walking stick, dubbing them Honorary Knights of St. Patricks’ Court.

Seniors Kyle Sellers and Shannon Felker were voted King of Valor and Wit and Queen of Love and Beauty during the Coronation Ceremony at the St. Pat’s Ball Banquet and Alumni Association Casino Night.

Kelsey Mirando is a senior at the University of Missouri, class of 2011, studying Magazine Journalism, English and Sociology. Born and raised in Tulsa, Okla., Kelsey enjoys travel, volunteerism and any Leonardo DiCaprio movie. She is a member of Kappa Alpha Theta women's fraternity and has served as President of the Society of Professional Journalists, MU chapter. She has reported among the Tiger fans of Columbia, Mo., the hustle and bustle of Beijing and the bright lights of New York City. Kelsey recently completed the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) summer internship program and is now soaking up every moment of her senior year at Mizzou.