Cute and Creative Ways to Stay Warm This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Since winter temperatures have already hit us in Columbia, we need to keep warm in order to survive the rest of the semester. I’ve struggled with keeping warm these past couple weeks. I wondered what ways I could stay warm without looking like a huge marshmallow, so here are some tips and tricks I’ve found super helpful these past couple of week!

Field and Stream Women’s Cozy Cabin Crew Socks

I don’t know about you guys, but my feet are always cold. Even if I wear two pairs of socks, my feel still feel like they’re going to fall off. So, I looked for some warm socks and found some at Dick’s Sporting Goods. These socks are AMAZING. They are super fuzzy on the inside and super soft on the outside. I really enjoy how thick these socks are as well. They definitely trap in the heat! Plus, they’re super cute too! So, you can show off your warm, comfy socks with some cute boots.

Hand Warmers

For all you Amazon junkies, I have the perfect thing for you! Amazon sells hand warmers that actually work. All you have to do is shake them until they’re nice and toasty! Then, shove ‘em in your mittens and no one will know your secret! Each pack has two hand warmers, so you can get a total of 10 hand warmers for $6.95!

How to stay warm in buildings on campus

Cramming in some last minute study sessions at the library or in your dorm? If you have a break between classes in the afternoon, grab a spot next to the window to feel the warm sun. When you’re finished with your afternoon study session, the sun will still be out so you can walk to your next class or even back to your dorm without being super cold!

Hair Dryers

The beauty of a hair dryer is it can be used in many ways. Ever think of how hot you get after drying your hair when it’s summertime? You can feel this warm when leaving for class, too. Turn your gloves, socks and hat inside out right before heading out to class. Blow your hair dryer into this items, and your brisk walk to class will now be more enjoyable! 

Hot Beverages

Who doesn’t love a good cup of hot cocoa in the winter? If you’re feeling extra chilly, make a quick cup of hot cocoa or tea to warm you up! If you want to boost your immune system up while you’re at it, heat up some water, add a teaspoon of organic honey and top it off with some cinnamon. 

Scarves

A scarf is a girl’s best friend during the winter. Not only can this keep your neck and face warm, but a scarf can be converted into a blanket once you get settled in your class. Several stores like Target, Forever 21 and Kohls have scarves ranging from super warm, super long to super soft. One of those options has to be the perfect one for you!

Hopefully these tips and tricks keep you warm this winter! Feel free to come out with new ideas to keep yourselves cozy! Happy Holidays!

(Pictures courtesy of dickssporinggoods.comamazon.com, kohls.com, forever21.com, and target.com)

HC Contributer Mizzou