mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Clothes You Need in Your Closet This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.
Wearing clothes in the summer is a drag. When it’s hot and sticky outside, less is more. Layering and throwing a jacket on is no longer an option. Here’s a few pieces you need in your closet this summer that will make getting dressed easy and effortless. I promise you won’t sweat in front of your mirror for two hours contemplating your whole wardrobe when these pieces are right there for you. It is important to pick pieces for the summer that go with many outfits and serve multiple purposes. Having a few pieces you love that can mix and match with other pieces in your closet will make dressing in the summer a breeze.

Denim Skirt

Denim, denim, denim. We are seeing it everywhere. Whether it comes in the form of bottoms or a jacket, it’s so in right now. And I’m loving it. Denim skirts are essential in the summer because you can throw them with literally anything. Some of my favorite easy pairings are a plain white tee, graphic tee or a cropped tank. You can wear these outfits anywhere and also dress them up at night by swapping a plain tee for a fun blouse. You can get a denim skirt in white, black or classic denim so it is sure to match with any top. 

Versatile Sandals

Sandals are really your only option in the summer months when you’re not wearing heels. But that doesn’t mean you need to be boring! Stray from the classic one-strap sandals this summer and go for something unique trendy! These platform sandals are comfortable and dress up your outfit instantly because of the platform. You won’t feel like you’re wearing heels, and you’ll out-dress everyone else wearing last years sandals.

Dress That Doubles as a Swim Suit Cover-up

Dresses are one of my favorite things to wear in the summer because you don’t need to wear pants. Isn’t it nice to only need to select one piece of clothing? I think so. Plus, most dresses can slip over swim suits and serve the purpose of a cover up. This dress is casual enough to wear to the pool but also could be worn out to dinner with some chunky heels. Versatility is key is key in the summer, and this dress can be worn more than a couple times before it is retired.  

HC Contributer Mizzou