Campus Celeb: Kiera Nordike

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Our Campus Celeb this week is Kiera Nordike, a senior from Kansas City, Missouri! Kiera is a business management major with a minor in entrepreneurship. Not only is Kiera an extremely successful business student with an internship with Enterprise last summer, but she is also a flourishing model signed to Voices & Modeling Agency. She has done a variety of modeling work on top of her outstanding performance at Enterprise. We chatted with Kiera about how she combines these two interests and the secret to her success. 

Her Campus Mizzou: What was your role during your internship at Enterprise and how did you become the intern with the most sales?

Kiera Nordike: My role as an intern at Enterprise Rent-A-Car was a Management Trainee intern. I successfully accomplished number one in sales out of all of the interns and was always one of the top sellers out of all employees in the district. The way that I did this was by setting goals for myself. Setting the goal to achieve the number one spot in sales each month lead me to winning first place in the internship scholarship contest. Setting goals for myself and pushing myself to be the best that I can be was my main objective in order to become successful at Enterprise Rent-A-Car.

HCM: You’re also a model. How do you incorporate business and sales into your modeling career? 

KN: The way that I incorporate business and sales into my modeling career is by working with different teams of people and networking myself. I have had many opportunities where I have worked with people in the modeling industry who have shown me how to bring success to the business aspect of my career. For example, I was a model for a jewelry designer, and the business aspect of this modeling event was to go around and sell the jewelry that I was modeling to potential buyers. Having different experiences with business and sales through modeling has made me want to go into the sales industry with a company in the future.

HCM: Where do see yourself in five years? What’s your dream job? 

KN: I see myself working for a company upon graduation and working my way up in the company. I would like to take on a sales role and become successful in that industry. I would also like to take on a management role to see how to run a team and potentially a business so that in the future I could potentially open up my own business. For example, I may open up my own modeling agency after I learn the ropes for what it really takes to run a business. With all of my experience with the business industry and my background with modeling, I believe I could be successful if I were to open up my own modeling agency.

HCM: What is the most valuable thing you learned from your internship at Enterprise? 

KN: I would say the most valuable thing that I learned from my internship at Enterprise was how good I was at communicating with my customers and how well I truly am at understanding customers in order to make the right sale.

HCM: Are you involved with anything else here on campus?

KN: I am involved with my sorority, Gamma Phi Beta. As a member of this organization, I have the opportunity to participate as a volunteer for three philanthropy organizations: Girls on the Run, Moonball and Grilled Cheese with the Gphi B’s. For Girls on the Run, I have had the opportunity to organize a 5k run each year for girls looking to build a brighter future. Moonball is a kickball tournament where we raise money for our sorority’s philanthropy. Grilled Cheese with the Gphi B’s is an event where we raise money by selling tickets to friends. The tickets buy them access to unlimited grilled cheese and is a great way to raise money for our philanthropy.

HC Contributer Mizzou