Campus Celeb: Ashley Warren

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Our Campus Celeb this week is sophomore Ashley Warren, a Textile and Apparel Management major from Springfield, Missouri. Ashley is not only a member of the TAM Executive Board but also runs her own makeup business, Ashley Nicole Makeup. We caught up with Ashley on her business, her goals and her plans for the future.

Her Campus Mizzou: How did you get started doing makeup and get your business up and running? 

Ashley Warren: It started as a hobby in high school. I would sit in my room and put makeup on for hours. Eventually I started doing friends’ makeup and then friends of friend’s makeup, and it just grew. I was an art and theater nerd, so I think that really accelerated my knowledge of color and professional makeup techniques. Then in college I became friends with local models who introduced me into the fashion scene in Columbia, St. Louis and KC, which was also great because I am a fashion major. I started doing paid work for photographers and other models, and the word just got out and exploded I guess. Now I do everything from fashion shoots to weddings. 

HCM: What is the most exciting or interesting work you’ve done?

AW: I work with a boudoir photographer a lot who I’m obsessed with. I love sex-ifying my girls and making them feel like sex bombs and then being on such an elegantly sexy shoot. It is a very specific type of fashion, and I love being a part of it. 

HCM: What has been your favorite part since starting your business?

AW: I love when I hand people the mirror, and they freak out. Like when they have never seen themselves look like that and then they are so empowered and feel so confident and special. Then they go and rock their shoot or event. 

HCM: Describe your position on the TAM Executive Board and what you do for them. 

AW: On the TAM Exec Board, I am the secretary. My job is partly boring secretary duties and part the Blogging/Social Media Committee. This year it is my goal to make this committee shoot out of the water. We are going to be a team of fashion journalists who produce in outlets such as the blog and social media. We are even taking journalists to Kansas City Fashion Week to interview designers, models and photographers.

HCM: What’s your dream job? 

AW: I would love to be a creative director for a fashion house like Chanel or Dior. Of course, if given the opportunity, I would love to work in makeup or beauty with a fashion house as well. Preferably overseas because ya know, Italian men.

HC Contributer Mizzou