All Aboard to the Relaxation Station

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

When the going gets tough, the tough head over to the Mizzou Wellness Resource Center. Whether this is your first year of college or your last, you’ve gradually become a master at the art of multitasking. Between exams, work, and trying to fit a social life into the mix, there’s no doubt that even the most skilled multi-tasker can get a little stressed out.

Have no fear, collegiettes; the Mizzou Wellness Resource Center is here — with massage chairs! What better way to get rid of your stress than massaging it away? The Mizzou Wellness Resource Center is offering free 15 minute massages in G118 (a.k.a the Relaxation Station) in the Student Center from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday through Friday. If you have time inbetween classes or need a quick study break from first-rounds, then make a point to check out the Relaxation Station.

If you’re stress level turns from “I need a massage” mode to “I want to pull out my hair” mode,    
  then take a deep breath because the Wellness Center can help you there too. If you feel like your stress is really messing with your pretty little head, then consider getting a wellness coach. The Wellness Center offers coaching in areas from time management and relationship problems, to homesickness and grief counseling. Any type of stress you’re having, the Wellness Center can help you.

So the next time you’re in the Student Center or feel especially overwhelmed with the already stressful life of a Collegiette, remember that stress relief is just a massage away!

Photo Credit:
http://www.squidoo.com/top-10-gifts-for-women-in-their-40s

Allison Goldberg is a junior at the University of Missouri double majoring in strategic communication journalism with an emphasis in PR and marketing and psychology. In Columbia, she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha women's fraternity executive council and is a Rent the Runway campus rep. During her spare time you can find her shopping, spending time with her friends and family, running outside or reading a fashion magazine. Allison has interned at a social media firm, BCV Evolve in Chicago for the past two summers. She hopes to work for a fashion PR firm in Chicago or New York when she graduates and eventually travel to South America.