Alex Blodgett

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

Meet this week’s campus celebrity, Alex Blodgett! She’s a senior business major with a marketing emphasis, and is heavily involved with Mizzou’s Tour Team (amongst other organizations). She’s taken campus by storm the last couple of years, so read on to learn more about what she does and how she manages to do it all:

Her Campus Mizzou: How did you get involved with Tour Team?

Alex Blodgett: I got involved with Tour Team as a freshman. I knew I wanted to be a tour guide after my first tour of campus!

HCM: What’s your role as a senior on Tour Team?

Alex: As a senior we really just get to boss everyone around. Just kidding. Tour team is like a really big family, so being a senior doesn’t put you in a higher position than anyone else. We do help out the younger guides, and they do their training by shadowing older guides.

HCM: How has Tour Team helped you grow? What has it taught you?

Alex: Tour Team has taught me so much about communication. We give tours to donors, athletes, potential students, and everyone in between. I’ve learned to think on my feet and be able to find the positive side to every situation.

HCM: What’s your favorite part of Tour Team?

Alex: My favorite part is getting to share Mizzou with people from all over. I love showing people how much I care about Mizzou and having a chance to help them find their home here, too!

HCM: Any embarrassing or funny moments you’ve had while giving a tour?

Alex: My first tour ever, I fell into a flower pot! And once I ran into a stop sign. That was awkward.

HCM: What else are you/have you been involved with?

Alex: The Cornell Leadership Program, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mizzou MAB, Mizzouthon, Phi Beta Lampda, MSA Senate and MSA Outreach. I also work for the St. Louis Rams.

HCM: Any advice on how to manage time?

Alex: There was a huge learning curve at first. As a senior, it’s really come down to prioritizing and planning. I know what’s most important to me and I make sure that it’s at the top of my list at all times. 

A writer and creator with a weird sense of humor. A big fan of the golden rule and an even bigger fan of the Blackhawks. Chicago-born, Mizzou-made. HCXO