4 Ways to Incorporate Greenery in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

The Pantone color of 2017 is Greenery. If you feel iffy about how to incorporate this color into your life, I recommend taking a minute out of your day to watch Pantone’s “Introducing Greenery” video. It left me feeling inspired and appreciative of this vibrant, mellow color. Here are four ways to use Greenery in your look:

1. Makeup

Take some bold moves regarding your makeup game this year. Greenery can be played up on your eyelids for a fun night out.

2. Clothing 

Having a signature piece in your outfit that’s green looks amazing. Be careful not to go overboard, though. Having a green jacket, heels or a clutch paired with an otherwise neutral outfit will make the color stand out.

3. Home

I’ve always been an advocate for house plants and now is as good of a time as any to go out and buy some. Redecorating becomes easy with a few new plants to make your place look modern and green.

4. Hair 

When spring comes around, #throwback to your flower crown days and stick in a few leaves in your hairdo. You don’t have to make a crown this time around. If you want to be subtle, stick a few leaves where you would tuck your hair in with a bobby pin.

Hopefully, 2017 will bring some positive energy into your life. If not, at least you have a reference guide for how to conquer the color of the year. Regardless, this light shade is welcoming to new beginnings and hopefully, you are too.

I'm a 30 Rock enthusiast who also loves David Bowie. That's all you need to know.
HC Contributer Mizzou