12 Amazing Looks From the Met Gala

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Mizzou chapter.

It’s been days since the Met Gala, and we’re still drooling over some of the dresses and styles that our favorite celebrities wore. This year’s theme was Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons to pay homage to the influential designer, who was the first living designer to be the only subject of the event since Yves Saint Laurent in 1983. 

While some celebrities stuck strictly to the theme, others, of course, put their own rendition on it. Regardless, there were countless amazing looks. We’ve managed to narrow it down to 12 of the best ones. You can also view all of the ensembles here.

1. Priyanka Chopra in Ralph Lauren | Photo by Neilson Barnard

2. Ashley Graham in H&M | Photo by Neilson Barnard

3. Lily Aldridge in Balenziaga | Photo by Neilson Barnard

4. Cassie in On Aura Tout Vu | Photo by Neilson Barnard

5. Zendaya in Dolce & Gabbana | Photo by Neilson Barnard

6. Bella Hadid in Alexander Wang | Photo courtesy of Getty Images

7. Gisele Bundchen in Stella McCartney | | Photo by Neilson Barnard

8. Cara Delevingne in Chanel | Photo by Neilson Barnard

9. Laura Osnes in Christian Siriano | Photo by Neilson Barnard

10. Janelle Monae in Ralph and Russo | Photo by Neilson Barnard

11. Lily James in Burberry | Photo by Neilson Barnard

And, saving the best for last,

12. Rihanna (Queen of the Met Gala) in Comme des Garçons | Photo by Neilson Barnard

My name is Brea Cubit and I'm a junior at the University of Missouri, majoring in journalism with an emphasis in magazine editing, and minoring in textile and apparel management to pursue a career in fashion journalism. When I'm not obsessing over Zendaya, Beyoncé and Cara Delevingne (and telling people random facts about them that the average person doesn’t care to know), I spend my time reading fashion magazines and blogs, creating mood boards, becoming one with my Canon camera, and drinking chai tea.
HC Contributer Mizzou