What’s In My Purse for Spring

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Like many-a-woman, I tend to live straight out of whatever purse I’m carrying at the moment. During school, it tends to be a Longchamp, because have you seen how much s*** they can carry?! Speaking of which, I tend to always keep my bag full to the brim with my favorite essentials. Here’s just a few (ha!) of the things I’m carrying with me this spring…

1. The New CamelBak Forge Travel Mug

I love Mother Earth, and I love coffee too! CamelBak’s new travel mug is leak and spill-proof, perfect for a collegiette who’s always on the go. Now I’m ditching the disposable cups, and asking baristas to whip up my fave drinks (hot or cold) in my Forge instead!

2. Vera Bradley ID Holder

Nothing is worse than leaving the house and realizing I forgot my ID, MetroPass, debit card or cash. Luckily I can keep it all in one place with this super cute, and equally functional, accessory. I’m dubbing this a collegiette must-have.

3. Tampons from Monthly Gift

Because I won’t let mother nature catch me off guard. The best part about these tampons is that, thanks to the Monthly Gift App, I get them delivered every month (before my period even arrives) in a chic little black box!

4. Keys

Equally as important as my ID Holder, I never go anywhere without my Vera Bradley “Twice as Nice” keychain, because getting locked out straight up sucks, even when you’re Obama.

5. My Planner

Juggling work, school, an internship, and leading the Her Campus Minesota team always keeps me on my toes! Truth be told, I couldn’t do it without my handy dandy, Erin Condren planner, which is why it has to go everywhere with me. Not to mention, Erin Condren makes a ton of super cute office supplies and stationary. As you can see, I had a hard time saying no to the extras.

6. The Book of the Minute

Everyday after class, I commute on the light rail to downtown Minneapolis, so I’m always in need of a good read for the ride. With a busy lifestyle, getting a good night’s sleep is key, so I couldn’t pass up grabbing Arianna Huffington’s The Sleep Revolution off the shelf. So far, the Huffington Post’s co-founder and Editor-in-Chief has yet to disappoint. For more books of the minute, check out our article “7 Summer Must-Reads for Collegiettes.”

7. Snacks

Priorities people. A girl’s gotta eat. I hate when hunger hits me unexpectedly, so I always make sure to arm myself with the goods. Since it can be so tempting to grab a muffin or a candy bar when on campus, I try to stay stocked with healthier alternatives. My favorites are Luna’s Lemon Zest bars and Peanut Butter Clif bars.  

8. C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve Lip Balm

C.O Bigelow’s Rose salve has remained a tried and true go-to product since we first found each other at Bath and Bodyworks (circa 2007). Rose salve gives me moisture and subtle color without leaving behind a sticky residue. The best part? Rose Salve isn’t just a lip product! It can also be used to moisturize cuticles and dry skin, tame split ends and frizz and even add a dewy glow to your cheeks. These are just a few of Rose Salve’s uses, because trust us, the list is endless. Needless to say, it earned itself a forever place in my purse and in my heart.

9. Emergency Concealer

No matter how much sleep I get, or how flawless my make-up is when I leave my apartment, the circles under my eyes always seem to come back for an encore halfway through the day. I always keep a concealer in my purse to put them in place, because the raccoon look just really doesn’t work for me. My favorite concealer right now would have to be Mally’s “See The Light,” but if you’re looking for a more economical pick, E.L.F.’s Studio Concealer stick can also get the job done for just $3!

10. BlingSting Pepper Spray

Yes, you read that correctly. I love my pink, rhinestone pepper spray from BlingSting, but have no fear, they come in other colors too! Luckily I’ve never had to use mine, but I think it’s something every collegiette should carry with her, whether it’s in her purse, backpack or on her keys. I’ll never forget standing in Francesca’s, contemplating the purchase, when my boyfriend pointed out, “It’s better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.” He had a point, so I think I’ll keep him around.

11. Deodorant

I feel like I don’t really need to explain this one, but let’s be honest, we’ve all left home without deo for our B.O. at some point in our college careers. Keep your pits in check and not wet with a travel size of your favorite deodorant.

12. Tide-to-Go Stick

Anyone who knows me, especially my mother, will tell you that I am a serial spiller. I spill everything, all the time. Okay, so maybe that’s an exaggeration, but I can’t tell you how many times my coffee or my lunch ended up on my shirt instead of my mouth, and this handy little stick saved the day!

It should be noted that this is not a full and complete listing of all the things I manage to stuff into my purse. To be honest, it’s a miracle I don’t have shoulder problems. Whether you’re heading to class, work or out to run errands, with these ten things stowed away in your bag, you’ll be prepared for anything.

Lauren is the Her Campus Correspondent at the University of Minnesota where she is currently studying Strategic Communications with and emphasis in Public Relations. Lauren also works for a national nonprofit organization called Miss Amazing that focuses on empowering women with disabilities by hosting programs offering the opportunity to develop life long skills, build confidence, express themselves, and create meaningful relationships. In addition to her work with Her Campus and Miss Amazing, Lauren also works as the Public Relations and Branding Coordinator at Metropolitan Salons and Spas and as an assistant at a law firm in downtown Minneapolis. When she isn't busy working, Lauren enjoys reading, shopping, spending time with her family and friends, and of course watching New Girl. Lauren is an enthusiast for many things: coffee, Kate Spade, office supplies, home décor, women's empowerment, and pugs, just to name a few. Lauren's favorite quote (right now) is, "Give me some wifi, a pair of heels, some coffee and watch me make the world go round." HCXO!