This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

The time in between finals creates an awkward limbo state where you’re recovering from the horror of your last final and trying to prepare for the next. Whether it’s fifteen minutes or a whole day, the time in between finals are precious minutes that shouldn’t be wasted. So, here are a few things that you can do in between finals.

Sleep

Your brain can’t function on no sleep. While we all have our stories to tell of late nights and all-nighters, take time to sleep, friends! If you have more than 15 minutes, you have time to get in a great nap. If you don’t have time to make it home, the squishy yellow and red chairs in Coffman are great for cat naps.

Watch puppy videos.

Or cat videos if you’re one of those people. Animals can make you feel better after just five minutes. It sounds lame, but that’s five minutes of nothing but cuddly, furry, puppy love. There’s no room to stress about your next final with this little guy staring at you.

Chew gum and study.

I don’t recommend cramming for an exam! It doesn’t work, friends! However, if you have a test a few days out and have the time to sit down and study for it in between your others, try chewing gum with a flavor while you study. Then, when you go to take your final, chew the same flavored gum. It helps jog your memory!

Read HC articles!

Have a few minutes in between finals, but not enough to sleep or study? Check out all of our awesome articles that our lovely HC team has written this semester! Whether it’s sympathizing with the rest of the UofM in our end-of-year struggles, anticipating winter break, or creating a feel-good feminist playlist, there’s bound to be something that can ease your worries and pump you up before your next test!

Write a thank you note to your favorite professor.

Especially if you’re a senior, thanking those who helped you get where you are today can make you feel better.

Look for jobs (yeah, I really said that).

Seniors, you’re either graduating in a matter of days or months. Your days of cat videos and wasting away time on the internet are soon long-gone and adulthood will begin. It’s time to accept your new place in society and find a well-respected career.

Lol jk. Watch all the cat videos you want… bask in the quickly decreasing number of days you have until life kicks in.  But seriously… maybe look for a job? Rent isn’t going to pay itself!

Workout

I know. I know. Who has time to workout in the midst of finals week. But if you have an hour to spare, working out is a GREAT stress-reliever. Whether it’s a full blown workout or just a few laps on the track, a workout can wake your body up and re-energize your brain!

Even though you’re exhausted in between finals, use that time to do something semi-productive. If you take the time to take care of yourself, you might perform better on your next exam!