Love Your Melon: Finding the Cure for Cancer One Beanie at a Time

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

You’ve probably seen people wearing colorful knit Love Your Melon beanies all over campus. But, Love Your Melon isn’t just a trend, fashion-statement or brand. It’s an apparel company with a purpose: to support the search for the cure of pediatric cancer. With each purchase, 50 percent of the proceeds go towards one of Love Your Melon’s partners who lead the search for a cure.

Love Your Melon has raised $2,668,259 for their partners and donated 91,347 beanies to children battling cancer in America since the start of the organization in 2012. There are 15,000 children diagnosed with cancer in America each year, and Love Your Melon aims to reach every single one.

However, Love Your Melon doesn’t just donate money and beanies. The company dedicates their time and creativity to improve the lives of children with cancer in any way they can. The Love Your Melon Campus Crews at universities across the country visit local hospitals to donate beanies, visit children, connect with families battling pediatric cancer, send care packages, coordinate events to promote the brand and fundraise and plan “superhero adventures” to show support for children with cancer in their communities and give them unforgettable days. For example, the University of Minnesota Twin-Cities’ Campus Crew has taken their superheroes on adventures at TCF Bank Stadium and a trampoline park.

The Crew members at the University of Minnesota love what they do and love their melons! To them, this isn’t just another activity to put on a resume. They are emotionally involved in every aspect of the organization; each child has an impact on them, and they hope they can impact as many children as they can.

Love Your Melon started off as a class project at the University of St.Thomas, but it’s become so much more than that. They’re setting huge goals for their future, and it’s clear that with the support and motivation behind Love Your Melon, the company will continue making positive strides in searching for the cure for pediatric cancer.

Love Your Melon appreciates all of the support they’ve gotten thus far. The brand has quickly expanded across the nation due to their passion and purpose. You know you’ve been wanting to get in on the trend, so head over to loveyourmelon.com to purchase some of their apparel! Be sure to credit the University of Minnesota Twin Cities at checkout.

Like this article and tag a friend in the comments on Facebook to be entered to win two free Love Your Melon beanies!

Natalee is a sophomore at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. Despite being a girl from Green Bay in Vikings territory, she loves her Minnesota home.
Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.