This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

With the leaves starting to change and the temperatures starting to drop, it’s about time to put away shorts and sundresses and put on the layers and riding boots. Some people are still hanging onto every last bit of summer, but personally, fall is my favorite season of the year. Beyond the dates to the apple orchard and watching Hocus Pocus for the entire month of October, I think fall is the best season for fashion. It’s so versatile! You can still wear rompers by just pairing them with your favorite ankle boots, or you can get real #cozygang with your favorite pair of wool socks. Sweater weather is upon us ladies, and I have got the latest and greatest fashion trends for Fall 2016!

Sleeves

One of the top *pun intended* trends for blouses this season is all about the sleeves. Start rocking bell sleeves, puff shoulders, bishop sleeves, ruffles, shoulder cutouts or sheer sleeves! A fun blouse can be paired with dark wash jeans or a solid colored skirt, just make sure the rest of your outfit doesn’t take attention away from what the fun sleeves you have going on up top!

Off-the-shoulder 

An off-the-shoulder dress or shirt is the perfect fall transition piece! It’s great for when it’s not too cold, but you want something to cover your arms. For a blouse, pair it with black chinos, and a floppy hat! Peep toe booties go great with off-the-shoulder dresses.

Sneakers

Athleisure strikes again! Classic Adidas made a comeback last year, but we’re starting to see more high tops, slip ons and velcro strapped sneakers pop-up everywhere. Denim skirts look great with a plain sneaker, but branching out and getting a metallic, glitter or suede sneaker will look great with black leggings or jeans. You can dress up or down sneakers as much as you want!

Minimalist Jewelry

Statement necklaces are out, and delicate jewelry has taken center stage! Elementary-aged me is cheering at the top of her lungs that chokers are, in fact, back. Layering a long necklace or crystal pendant with shorter ones, and a choker at the top is a killer way to bring an outfit together. Midi-rings and simple studs will complete the look!

Bomber Jackets

All hail transitional outerwear! I love adding a light coat to my fall looks, but this year I’ve found a new love; bomber jackets. These cute coats can be worn on a super casual day, or you can rock a floral printed or metallic jacket over a plain black dress on a night out. I don’t care if I look like Amelia Earhart, I love me some bomber jackets.

Leather Backpacks

This season, leather backpacks are my bag of choice. If you haven’t noticed, casual-cute is a pattern this fall. You could wear these going out, running errands, to class or on a coffee date with a friend. Some backpacks are quilted, some have tassels, buckles or badass chains. I usually wear my backpack when I’m wearing a simple outfit, so I don’t draw attention away from the bag.

Midi Boots 

Short ankle boots are an extremely versatile piece that every collegiette should take advantage of this fall! They can be worn with skinny or flared jeans, dressed down with leggings, or make your rompers and dresses look ‘fall ready.’ Options are endless for midi boots! Nude toned, suede, cutouts, lace-up, open toed and big buckles are just a few of your many choices.

I hope these fashion trends have inspired you to channel your inner fashionista as the leaves start to change. With multiple items for each trend linked, you don’t even have to leave the coziness of your own bed to buy some of these cute pieces! Happy fall and happy shopping, collegiettes!