nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

17 Struggles of a Young Female Professional

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Minnesota chapter.

Oftentimes, we forget that we aren’t in college just to have fun; we’ve also got to plan for our future careers while we’re here. Whether it’s going to interviews or office hours, networking, traveling or just being productive, there’s a load of struggles that comes with being a young, female professional. Just to name a few…

You would probably get an IV of caffeine if you could, because caffeine means productivity, and we’re all about getting stuff done.

Your Google Calendar looks like a crazy board game board. And it’s partly because you’re super ambitious and partly because you can’t say no when people ask you to do things.

Those cute little mugs that say, “busy af” are an understatement.

A little piece of you dies inside when you take a BOMB picture and you go to Instagram it and you realize there’s booze in the background. Gotta keep your social media on its A game, my friends.

You’re not even surprised when things go wrong. You’re prepared for literally anything.

You know people are judging you for wearing makeup to the gym, but you just didn’t have time to take it off after work or class and you also don’t have time to care about what they think.

To put color on your resume, or not to put color on your resume? That is the question.

You have to creatively find a way to iron your wrinkled items, because what college student has a clothing iron? (You’re straight up LYING if you’ve never tried ironing something with your straightener).

You pray that TSA won’t confiscate the hairspray or dry shampoo in your carry-on (because you can’t afford to check a bag).

And when they do take it, you try to bargain with the TSA agent like your life depends on it, because let’s face it, it does.

You strategically plan when to buy a plane ticket and you use travel sites, so that you get the best deal.

Pit stains are your (unfortunately unavoidable) worst enemy.

Every interview outfit is an enigma.

Is a v-neck acceptable? Too revealing? Pants or a dress? Heels or boots? Cardigan or blouse?

When you’re doubting an outfit, you throw a blazer on.

And you always end up looking like a boss.

You’ve pulled your fair share of all nighters, but sleep will always be one of your favorite things.

When you have no work to do, you get super suspicious.

What am I forgetting about?!

Well my lovely ladies, just know that you’re not alone on the journey to success. Your motivation and drive will pay off, I promise. In the meantime, keep kicking butt and keep being the total bosses that you are.

Anna Rosin

Minnesota

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri and I'm currently going to school at the University of Minnesota, located in Minneapolis.