Why You Should Join Her Campus Millersville

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Her Campus is a worldwide online magazine that focuses on empowering and informing women. HC is both an online and offline community – many people like to say that Her Campus is more like a sorority than a simple writing club only because of the sisterhood you enter into when you join a chapter. Around the world there are 350 HC chapters and over 7,500 members. For more information about Her Campus go to the HC website.

Millersville University has its very own Her Campus chapter. The HCMU chapter has been on campus for six years. HC is open to anyone who loves to write – yes, even guys! I have personally been a member for almost three years and absolutely love it! We are not just a club, we are a group of friends who support each other and love to see each other conquer their goals. We truly care about one another and that’s one of the things I absolutely love about Her Campus MU.  Another pretty cool thing about HC is that we have bonding nights where we come together and have an insane amount of fun. For instance, I love the bonding nights where we all bring food and watch a movie together or even the nights where we just sit around and talk about aboslutely everything and anything that is on our minds.

I went around and asked a few of the current members to tell me why they love HCMU and this is what they said:

• “I love Her Campus Millersville because it gives me the opportunity to meet and collaborate with new, unique members. I’ve had the time of my life in this organization and I know the connections and friendships I’ve made will last a lifetime. That’s why we call ourselves a media sisterhood! ” – Jordan Ettien (our HC President)

• “I really love the sisterly atmosphere and the opportunity it gives to experiment with my writing. Some things work, some things don’t, but I get to try out all kinds of writing styles and topics” – Sydney Wilcoxson

• “Because I love writing this type of content and the staff is the most amazing group of people I know” – Carlee Nilphai

Here is our meeting schedule for the Fall semester if any of you lovely people want to come and join us. We meet in Hash 150!

Wed Aug 30, 7:30 general (First)

Wed Sep 06 7:30 general

Wed Sep 20 7:30 general

Wed Oct 04 7:30 general

Wed Oct 18 7:30 general

Wed Nov 01 7:30 general

Wed Nov 15  7:30 general

Wed Nov 29 7:30 general

Wed Dec 06 7:30 general (Last)

Check us out using these links!

Her Campus MU chapter site

HCMU Facebook

HCMU Twitter

HCMU Instagram

HCMU Pinterest

We would LOVE for you to come join us at our meetings in Hash 150! We are open to everyone no matter your sex, age or major! HCXO!

Elizabeth Nace

Millersville

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3