This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

I know it sounds typical college girl to say their school becomes a second home but I learned how true this could be as I experienced my first spring break. I had the worst experience during my first semester, so I looked forward to winter break. But as spring break approached, I began to have anxiety about going home. It could be because I didn’t want to run into my now-ex-boyfriend or the fact I missed my friends more than I thought. 

I found myself driving away from my home in Millersville with this empty feeling in my stomach and an aching in my heart. I went to Georgia for part of my spring break and even though I was with one of my best friends, I still felt empty inside. Once I got back to my house in Pennsylvania, I found myself bored out of my mind. I was constantly texting my sorority sisters and snapchatting them saying, “Can’t wait for spring break to end so I can be back with you guys!”

I came back to Millersville around 3PM, parked next to one of my best friends and immediately felt that emptiness disappear. As we unpacked and waited for our other friend to get back, we talked about our breaks and how much we missed each other. Our other friend arrived around 9PM and we ran outside and, just like in a movie, there was a big group hug! After that we were back as the three musketeers, getting back into trouble!

It felt so good to be back with my family, everything felt right! I can honestly say for the first time since school started I felt so at home in Millersville.

*All images courtesy of Giphy

The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3