Tips to Stay on Track This Fall Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Here we are, a month into our fall semester and let’s face it… none of us are REALLY over summer and fully ready to step up our studying game. Getting back into the groove of going to the library and studying has probably been tough, but have no fear ladies and gents, here are some tips to make your college life a little easier!

Invest in a nice planner and USE IT.

Nothing will keep you on track and ready for your week like a nice planner and a pack of brand-new pens. Color coding is your friend! The more organized you make your planner, the more organized your life will be and the less likely you will be to forget that test next week!

Make study dates.

Making consistent plans to meet in the library with your friends is one of the best things you can do to ensure that you actually go to the library and utilize it, it makes studying for that chemistry exam a little easier. The library is full of study rooms, quiet floors (6 and 7 are totally quiet!) and plenty of studying tools at your disposal. There are reference librarians available for your research needs. Whatever you major is, there is a librarian speciaized in your area to help! An added plus is Starbucks. Because Starbucks.

Review your notes after class.

Reviewing the main points of that day’s lecture can ensure that you have a greater understanding of the material. This will help you in the long run so you don’t cram.

Plan ahead for big projects and papers.

There is nothing wrong with planning or outlining your big assignments the day they have been assigned to you. This makes it a lot easier to finish the assignment when due dates approach and it will make sure you cover all your bases.

Ashley Haywood

Millersville

I'm a senior English major with a focus in writing studies and I hope to someday write for a publication within in Lancaster area. I drink more coffee than I probably should, my cat is my baby, and I'm obsessed with my planner. You'll always find me on campus in the library with a cup of coffee in hand! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3