Surviving My Long Distance Relationship With My BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

My best friend and I have been BFFs for almost 10 years now. For this monumental anniversary, I decided to dedicate this article to her. You know who you are.

Being away from your best friend can be really difficult, especially when you go to school hours apart. I barely get to see my best friend during the semester. Despite that though, she has remained my best friend through it all, and I wouldn’t have it any other way. If you and your BFF are in a long-distance relationship, you will definitely relate to this!

Even though we may not talk every single day, you are there for me no matter what time of the day—or night—I may need you.

Despite being miles—and many hours—apart, you are still my greatest confidant, and the only person I can truly trust.

When I can’t sleep in the middle of the night because I’m thinking about food, I know you’re lying in bed doing the same thing.

Thank you for reminding me of who I am and what I deserve.

I can send you a drunk text at 3AM, and even though it makes no sense, you still know what I’m trying to say.

“Hanging out” now equates to watching the same tv series and texting each other about what episode we’re on.

Seeing each other after a few months usually involves food, tears, and more food.

No matter how many friends I may make at school, you will always be my OG dancing partner, my favorite breakfast date, and the only person who can make me laugh until I cry.

*All images courtesy of Giphy

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3