The Ranking of the Best Avenger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

In honor of the new Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie, I decided to rank the Avengers in order of having the worst to best superhero qualities.

6. Hawkeye: We don’t really know Hawkeye’s story, plus he was a bad guy for most of The Avengers movie, which was kind of hot but not ideal in a superhero. He’s good with a bow and arrow but doesn’t have very good people skills; he fights mostly for himself.

5. Hulk: Bruce Banner’s super-smarts as a human are super impressive, but is that a trait that makes him a better superhero? Plus when he turns into the Hulk he destroys everything and loses his pants so that’s a liability.

4. Thor: He has enviable hair and a powerful hammer but isn’t very intelligent. He’s also from Asgard and is a God, not a human. Isn’t that cheating? He took it upon himself to protect Earth after he fell in love with Jane Foster, but his brother, Loki, still destroyed most of New York City. He’s too far away to rely on for help and his family ties make him unsafe to fully trust.

3. Black Widow: Everyone wants to be Black Widow. Natasha Romanoff has all of the cunning and combat moves of a true superhero. She can take a man down with only her legs, can charm motives out of Loki, and looks great in her black spandex body suit. But her past of being a spy is shady and her pretentious dedication to S.H.I.E.L.D. can be annoying.

2. Iron Man: Just like he calls himself in the movie, this genius, millionaire, playboy, philanthropist has a lot going for him. He’s charming, brilliant and a force to be reckoned with when he puts on his suit. But with his suit off, what superpowers does he have? With his suit gone he isn’t much of a superhero.

1. Captain America: The soldier, the goldenboy, the man with a plan, he has abs of steel and a heart of gold. He always fights for people to have freedom no matter the cost and is willing to lay down his life for others. He has all of the characteristics of a true superhero. His selflessness and strength are what make him the most ideal superhero.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is in theaters now.

I'm a sophomore Digital Journalism major at Millersville University. Along with writing, I am very passionate about music. I sing in the University Choir and Women's Choir here on campus. I also write and take pictures for the Snapper. I am a committed fan of Justin Timberlake and Captain America. I don't have a lot of free time but when I do I love to travel, spend time with my friends and family, and play with my cockapoo, Chloe.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3