This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

April is full of showers, so here is a playlist full of soothing acoustic songs sung by beautiful voices to listen to the next time it rains!

Esmerelda by Ben Howard

This song is personally one of my favorites. The slow build up of guitars mixed with the beautiful voice of Ben Howard makes this song hauntingly beautiful. I can’t quite explain how, but this song captures the feeling of watching raindrops fall on your window so well. 

Do You Know What I’m Seeing? by Panic! at the Disco

I mean, the lyric “I know it’s sad that I never gave a damn about the weather and it never gave a damn about me” pretty much sums up the feeling of waking up in the morning just to find that it is raining AGAIN.

Broken Horse by Freelance Whales

The unique lyrics of the Freelance Whales combined with acoustic guitars and gorgeous harmonies makes this song perfect to listen to on a rainy day. 

Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

Ah Ed Sheeran, what can’t he do? Autumn Leaves is simple, slow, and always makes me want to cuddle up and relax when everything is dreary.

Bookends by Simon & Garfunkel

If you’re in need of a song to make you feel calm and cozy when it is thunderstorming outside, this one is perfect!

Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce

Acoustic songs seriously are the best songs to listen to when it rains, and this song is no exception!

Piledriver Waltz by the Arctic Monkeys

A slower Arctic Monkeys song, Piledriver Waltz is a perfect song to listen to as you walk through the rain to class. Keep an eye out for their new album coming out soon!

Thinking About You by Big Scary

Anyone a big fan of Grey’s Anatomy? This song is in episode 2 of season 8! A truly hauntingly simple and beautiful song, this song will fill you with melancholy to match with the rain.

Bloom by the Paper Kites

I know, I know. Yet ANOTHER acoustic song? Just trust me. This song + the sound of rain = extreme peacefulness!

After the Storm by Mumford and Sons

Because all storms will pass! After all the melancholy and sadness that rainy days tend to bring, this song is a gently reminder that “there will come a time, you’ll see, with no more tears”.

I hope you like this playlist! If you would like more songs to listen to the next time the sky opens up, check out my Spotify playlist here

And always remember, if you can’t see the sunshine, be the sunshine!

HCXO,

Hannah N

Hannah Newman

Millersville '20

Hannah Newman is a senior at Millersville University, studying Early Childhood Education with an integrative STEM methods minor. She has been writing for Her Campus for over two years, and is loving being the president of such an awesome chapter.
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3