Rainy Day Blues? Tips For Powering Through This Gloomy Time of Year!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

April Showers… Mood turning sour… losing will power… it’s almost finals hour! This time of year is H.E.C.T.I.C. and the horrible weather does not help. Luckily, there are some tips and tricks you can use to get you through until the sun finally decides to stick around! Good luck!

Drink Water

Staying hydrated is the key to staying happy and healthy. Your body needs water to function well, so drink up! If you really do not like drinking water plain, add some fresh fruit for flavor, or drink hot tea.

Get Moving

Personally, dancing around my room when no one is home and singing at the top of my lungs is as much cardio as I get. When the rain is making you sleepy or glum, break out some tunes and get your groove on, or go to the gym and walk on the treadmill. You don’t have to be a fitness blogger to like exercising. Just move!

Watch some movies with friends

Get your girls together and make popcorn for a girls movie night in! Quality time with your best girlfriends is always amazing, but throw in some trashy rom-coms and you’ve got a party! Here’s some suggestions for good rainy day movies.

Be prepared

Always assume it’s going to be rainy and cold. Always. Make sure to bring a rain coat and umbrella with you every time you go to class. Better safe than soaking wet.

Get some sleep

It can be hard to come by a good night’s sleep in your years at college. But it is important to try. Try to get at least 7 or 8 hours every night, and take naps when you need them.

Buy a humidifier

If you are waking up in the morning with a sore throat, dry eyes or dry nose, the air in your room is probably dry. The season changing can really affect the air inside, so buying a humidifier could help.

Think Positive!

The best things you can do for yourself is smile and keep telling yourself you’re going to make it, because you are going to make it.

*All images courtesy of Giphy.com

Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.