Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Millersville Features

The History of Halloween

By Amirah Mikell
October 20, 2014 - 12:00am

Since we were children, we’ve been celebrating the spirit of Halloween by dressing up in scary costumes, walking from house to house, collecting various assortments of candy and chanting the famously known phrase “Trick or Treat!” But can any of us recall the true reason as to why we celebrate this day? Growing up I always believed that October 31 was a day for children to have fun and dress up, but there’s more to this day than just wearing a spooky costume. According to history.com, Halloween’s origins date back to the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain (pronounced sow-in). READ MORE

Our HC Back-to-School Survival Kit 2014

By Alexandra Blessing
October 15, 2014 - 4:33pm

Guess what we got in the mail? Our back-to-school survival kit has arrived! Because our friends at Her Campus National are so ridicuously amazing at their jobs, we're posting this blog as a thank you to both Her Campus National and their partners. So, here is our round of thanks before getting started on what awesome things we got in the kit: READ MORE

Timely Warning: Staying Safe at Parties

By Abigail Patterson
October 13, 2014 - 12:00am

Imagine, it was a great weekend. You went to a couple parties, you had fun with your friends, and now it is Monday morning at Millersville University and you do not want to get out of bed. You check your email hoping to see a message saying that class was cancelled. Instead, you see another timely warning about a girl you know getting raped at a fraternity party. READ MORE

What's In My Bag?

By Alexandra Blessing, Jenna Moyer, Tammy Muhtadi, Amirah Mikell, JillianDeck, Allie Remis, Abigail Patterson
October 9, 2014 - 12:00am

In our recent meeting, we sat down and rummaged through our purses/bags/wristlets/what-ever-you-call-it to find the most interesting or popular items we have with us at all times. This is what we found...   "Chapstick, Burt's Bees cuticle cream, nail file, cotton swabs, extra hair ties and bobby pins, and my emergency period kit complete with all the essentials." ~ Alex "Victoria's Secret $10 off birthday coupon, a Virginia fishing license and a dolphin magnet." ~ Abbey READ MORE

"Mind, Body & Soul" The Importance of Being Well-Rounded

By Amirah Mikell
October 6, 2014 - 12:00am

With mid-terms coming up in less than two weeks, it is important to learn how to be a well-rounded student.  Class assignments, organization meetings and important campus events can sometimes keep you away from completing personal tasks. Returning family phone calls, updating social media statues and even getting a good night’s sleep can go undone, especially if you’re having a hectic week. Although school is and should be your first priority, it is also essential to take care of yourself physically, mentally, and spiritually. With these helpful tips, you can be on your way to a “stress-free” lifestyle before the end of the semester!   1. “Me, myself & I” READ MORE

We Have Another New Member!

By Alexandra Blessing
September 27, 2014 - 2:57pm

We would like to welcome another new member to our Her Campus Millersville team... Abigail Patterson, Writer Class Year: Junior Major: Speech communication with an option in Public Relations and a minor in Spanish. Why did I join Her Campus Millersville? I joined Her Campus for a couple different reasons.  I heard some girls talking about it in class and I thought it sounded awesome. I also thought it would look good on my resume and it would give me some experience. READ MORE

When Loving You is Wrong...

By Amirah Mikell
September 23, 2014 - 12:00am

When Loving You is Wrong... With the recent media attention of former Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice and his domestic dispute incident with his now wife Janya Palmer, it sheds light to the numerous accounts of domestic violence amongst couples and how time and time again, women tend to go back to their abuser. When Loving You goes Wrong (can it ever be right?) READ MORE

Meet The New Members of HCM!

By Alexandra Blessing
September 21, 2014 - 1:38pm

You've met the members of Her Campus Millersville, but now we'd like to introduce you to the NEW members of HCM! See who's new below... Rachael Ulmer, Writer Class Year: Senior Major: Multidisciplinary Studies- Business Marketing and Public Relations READ MORE

The ABC's of Millersville

By Alexandra Blessing, Jenna Moyer, Tammy Muhtadi, Amirah Mikell, Allie Remis, Rachael Ulmer
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Anchor The Anchor is like a Sheetz or Wawa (depending on where you’re from). It’s a one-stop shop for all your grocery and food needs. Best attribute: The fruit bar at breakfast. They cut up fresh fruit right in front of you! See here for more information. Black A complement to our other spirit color, gold. Commuters READ MORE

6 Unique Fall Layering Ideas

By Alexandra Blessing
September 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

My latest fall fashion obsession consists of layers, many, many layers. It’s so perfect because you can be dressed comfortably for chilly mornings, take off a layer in the warm afternoons, and add a layer when the temperatures drop at nighttime. If you run on a tight schedule like me, then it’s rare that you will ever have the time to run back to your apartment and change when psych lab ends at 3 p.m. and you have to be in at work by 3:30. What I love is pairing tights and shorts together. I know it sounds odd, but it’s a unique style that I haven’t seen worn around campus very often; which is just the reason why I like it because it’s something different! I went on a frenzy pinning the shorts/tights combo and outfits similar to it on Pinterest. Here is...