Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Millersville Features

8 Of The Hottest Concerts For The Rest of 2014

By Alexandra Blessing
September 1, 2014 - 12:00pm

After an entire three months off from school, you’ve saved up enough cash to go out on the town for the night. But where to go? Maybe a) you haven’t been to a concert lately or b) you’re a concert junkie and you want to see another one of your favorite artists because you haven’t had the chance to see them live yet. No need to search the Internet for the latest concerts, I’ve already done that for you! All concerts are within reasonable distance from Millersville. The artists listed are all names you’ve most likely heard of from the radio, TV and the iTunes Top 100. Here are some of the hottest concerts to round out 2014. Hopefully it’s not too late to buy some tickets online!   Lorde READ...

The New Printing Policy: What You Should Know

By Alexandra Blessing
August 19, 2014 - 3:59pm

A new year means new changes. Here at Millersville, there is a plethora. The new South Quad Suites are now open, new students are roaming around on campus and there is a new printing policy! If you've been a student here for awhile, you've known there was no limit to how much paper you can print out in a semester. There were no worries because you knew it was totally okay to print out that 132 page document for your English Literature class because your professor told you to. I mean, you had to, right? Now things will change. READ MORE

Help PRSSA Get To National Conference

By Alexandra Blessing
August 4, 2014 - 9:13pm

Millersville University’s Public Relations Student Society of America needs your help getting to the 2014 National PRSSA Conference in Washington, D.C. Millersville’s PRSSA wants to send as many members as possible to the conference, which takes place October 10-14. The goal is to raise $7,500 by September 5. As of the publication of this article, only $760 has been raised. This is enough to cover only one student (registration costs $300, each overnight stay costs an extra $219). READ MORE

Finals Survival Kit from HC National

By Alexandra Blessing
May 13, 2014 - 11:51pm

It's that time of semester...finals week! I'm well aware our finals are over and the summer has begun, but that doesn't mean this girl can stop blogging. All the stress? Gone. All the tiredness? Gone. All the junk food? Gone. What helped me and my Her Campus Millersville team get through finals week was the Finals Week Survival Kit sent to us so kindly from Her Campus National. The kit included food (healthy food!) to get us through our he*l week of studying and sleep deprivation. Let me tell you, the snacks were delicious by the way. So, thank you to HC National for providing us with the kit and popchips, LUNA and Chipotle for participating. Chipotle We got BOGO gift cards! Yummy-delicious burritoes, here we come!...

A Little Piece of My Bucket List for Summer

By Alexandra Blessing
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

What is a bucket list?  Is it the comedy-drama film starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson trying to do all sorts of things before they die?  Well, yes and no.  A bucket list is a compiled list of things that can be completed before you die, or it could be a list of things to do before the end of summer, by the time you turn 30, etc.  Basically it’s a list of things that have some sort of significance to you whether it’s fun or if it’s something that you really want to make a difference in someone’s life. READ MORE

"She’s a life ruiner. She ruins people’s lives"- The Stigma of Being a Beotch

By Amirah Mikell
April 30, 2014 - 10:04pm

April 30, marks the 10-year anniversary of our favorite movie here at HC Millersville, “Mean Girls”, and what a great way to continue the week by reflecting on our devilish ways of being “plastics.” Not to say that all of us are mean, b!tchy, and just downright rude, but c’mon, we all had our moments of plotting revenge, or wanting to get back at our biggest rival. Well at least I know I have…. READ MORE

What To Do With Old T-Shirts

By Alexandra Blessing
April 26, 2014 - 7:48pm

If you have a lot of old t-shirts laying around that no one wears anymore, then they’re just gathering dust.  You have a class t-shirt from high school, a t-shirt from that 5K you did that one time, one shirt from homecoming last year, and yet another from Superfest.  Instead, do something with them!  There are numerous things you can make out of old t-shirts!  Rag rugs and t-shirt quilts are just a few, but they’re sooo time consuming.  Instead, these next few crafts won’t take a whole lot of time, but may take some skill.  So if you’re not so keen in the crafting department, then tread lightly! T-shirt Infinity Scarf: READ MORE

The Truth About Garcinia Cambogia...

By Amirah Mikell
April 18, 2014 - 12:00am

With summer vastly approaching, many of us are trying to find new and innovative ways to get our beach bods in shape. From “squat” challenges, “body wraps”, “diet pills” and not eating anything after 9 p.m., there’s never an easy way to shed those extra pounds without compromising some part of our daily lives. If you ask me, there's really only one way to lose weight and keep it off, and that's by adopting a healthy lifestyle, which includes eating nutritious meals, exercising daily and getting plenty of beauty rest. But for those of us who cannot wait any longer, health specialists have found a new weight loss supplement that ensures results without the hassle of sweating out your hair at the gym What is Garcinia Cambogia?...

Fun and Creative Easter Eggs

By Alexandra Blessing
April 12, 2014 - 10:55pm

We all remember the days we spent with our parents and siblings dying Easter eggs for the holiday. We thought it was fun when we were little just dipping the egg in the dye and watching it change color. Now that you’re older, don’t you find it boring to just dip an egg in blue dye and be done with it? Don’t be bored any more, there are numerous easy ways to amp up your plain Easter eggs into something that’s more fun and eye catching! Splatter Away! Splatter painting is fun. Dying Easter eggs is fun. Combine the two and you have double the fun. Once you have your eggs dyed, take some paint and just splatter it on! Warning: This WILL be messy. If you have a small child helping you with the eggs, take the paint splattering outside of the line of fire....

Will They Ever Find That Missing Plane?

By Amirah Mikell
April 4, 2014 - 12:00am

Will they ever find that missing plane? Aircraft and ships searching for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 continue to face old problems in a new area of the southern Indian Ocean. From poor weather to floating garbage, search units are having difficulties in what seems to be a never ending search in finding the plane. READ MORE