Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Millersville Features

The ABC's of Millersville

By Alexandra Blessing, Jenna Moyer, Tammy Muhtadi, Amirah Mikell, Allie Remis, Rachael Ulmer
September 15, 2014 - 12:00pm

Anchor The Anchor is like a Sheetz or Wawa (depending on where you’re from). It’s a one-stop shop for all your grocery and food needs. Best attribute: The fruit bar at breakfast. They cut up fresh fruit right in front of you! See here for more information. Black A complement to our other spirit color, gold. Commuters READ MORE

6 Unique Fall Layering Ideas

By Alexandra Blessing
September 8, 2014 - 12:00pm

My latest fall fashion obsession consists of layers, many, many layers. It’s so perfect because you can be dressed comfortably for chilly mornings, take off a layer in the warm afternoons, and add a layer when the temperatures drop at nighttime. If you run on a tight schedule like me, then it’s rare that you will ever have the time to run back to your apartment and change when psych lab ends at 3 p.m. and you have to be in at work by 3:30. What I love is pairing tights and shorts together. I know it sounds odd, but it’s a unique style that I haven’t seen worn around campus very often; which is just the reason why I like it because it’s something different! I went on a frenzy pinning the shorts/tights combo and outfits similar to it on Pinterest. Here is...

Get To Know The Members of HCM!

By Alexandra Blessing
September 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

Who are the lovely ladies that keep Her Campus Millersville running? We're featuring all of our members, and you will discover that they are all just like you. They all have dreams, passions and many other organizations they are involved in other than Her Campus. Maybe you've been thinking you wanted to join Her Campus, but didn't think you would have the time. We can guarantee that you will have the time to dedicate yourself to a little bit of writing for Her Campus every week. Just take a look and see what our members are up to, and why they joined and continue to love HCM!   Alexandra Blessing, Editor-in-Chief READ MORE

8 Of The Hottest Concerts For The Rest of 2014

By Alexandra Blessing
September 1, 2014 - 12:00pm

After an entire three months off from school, you’ve saved up enough cash to go out on the town for the night. But where to go? Maybe a) you haven’t been to a concert lately or b) you’re a concert junkie and you want to see another one of your favorite artists because you haven’t had the chance to see them live yet. No need to search the Internet for the latest concerts, I’ve already done that for you! All concerts are within reasonable distance from Millersville. The artists listed are all names you’ve most likely heard of from the radio, TV and the iTunes Top 100. Here are some of the hottest concerts to round out 2014. Hopefully it’s not too late to buy some tickets online!   Lorde READ...

The New Printing Policy: What You Should Know

By Alexandra Blessing
August 19, 2014 - 3:59pm

A new year means new changes. Here at Millersville, there is a plethora. The new South Quad Suites are now open, new students are roaming around on campus and there is a new printing policy! If you've been a student here for awhile, you've known there was no limit to how much paper you can print out in a semester. There were no worries because you knew it was totally okay to print out that 132 page document for your English Literature class because your professor told you to. I mean, you had to, right? Now things will change. READ MORE

Help PRSSA Get To National Conference

By Alexandra Blessing
August 4, 2014 - 9:13pm

Millersville University’s Public Relations Student Society of America needs your help getting to the 2014 National PRSSA Conference in Washington, D.C. Millersville’s PRSSA wants to send as many members as possible to the conference, which takes place October 10-14. The goal is to raise $7,500 by September 5. As of the publication of this article, only $760 has been raised. This is enough to cover only one student (registration costs $300, each overnight stay costs an extra $219). READ MORE

Finals Survival Kit from HC National

By Alexandra Blessing
May 13, 2014 - 11:51pm

It's that time of semester...finals week! I'm well aware our finals are over and the summer has begun, but that doesn't mean this girl can stop blogging. All the stress? Gone. All the tiredness? Gone. All the junk food? Gone. What helped me and my Her Campus Millersville team get through finals week was the Finals Week Survival Kit sent to us so kindly from Her Campus National. The kit included food (healthy food!) to get us through our he*l week of studying and sleep deprivation. Let me tell you, the snacks were delicious by the way. So, thank you to HC National for providing us with the kit and popchips, LUNA and Chipotle for participating. Chipotle We got BOGO gift cards! Yummy-delicious burritoes, here we come!...

A Little Piece of My Bucket List for Summer

By Alexandra Blessing
May 9, 2014 - 12:00am

What is a bucket list?  Is it the comedy-drama film starring Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson trying to do all sorts of things before they die?  Well, yes and no.  A bucket list is a compiled list of things that can be completed before you die, or it could be a list of things to do before the end of summer, by the time you turn 30, etc.  Basically it’s a list of things that have some sort of significance to you whether it’s fun or if it’s something that you really want to make a difference in someone’s life. READ MORE

"She’s a life ruiner. She ruins people’s lives"- The Stigma of Being a Beotch

By Amirah Mikell
April 30, 2014 - 10:04pm

April 30, marks the 10-year anniversary of our favorite movie here at HC Millersville, “Mean Girls”, and what a great way to continue the week by reflecting on our devilish ways of being “plastics.” Not to say that all of us are mean, b!tchy, and just downright rude, but c’mon, we all had our moments of plotting revenge, or wanting to get back at our biggest rival. Well at least I know I have…. READ MORE

What To Do With Old T-Shirts

By Alexandra Blessing
April 26, 2014 - 7:48pm

If you have a lot of old t-shirts laying around that no one wears anymore, then they’re just gathering dust.  You have a class t-shirt from high school, a t-shirt from that 5K you did that one time, one shirt from homecoming last year, and yet another from Superfest.  Instead, do something with them!  There are numerous things you can make out of old t-shirts!  Rag rugs and t-shirt quilts are just a few, but they’re sooo time consuming.  Instead, these next few crafts won’t take a whole lot of time, but may take some skill.  So if you’re not so keen in the crafting department, then tread lightly! T-shirt Infinity Scarf: READ MORE