Millersville University Dance Team Takes On Nationals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Okay ladies, now let’s get in formation! The Millersville University Dance Team made their journey to sunny Daytona Beach, Florida, for nationals on April 5th, 2017. MUDT has been striving to send their team back to nationals after a 2 year gap. President of the dance team, Sara Callie, and Vice President, Maria Acquarola, pushed the team for this year’s performance. Practice for nationals was held around 3-4 days a week to prepare for the competition. To qualify for nationals, MUDT had to submit a video, as well as fundraise throughout the year in order to take the trip to Florida.

Eight girls from MUDT attended nationals, which was hosted by the National Dance Alliance and National Cheer Association. Nationals included all collegiate dance and cheer teams throughout the nation. MUDT performs throughout the year at Millersville University athletic games, such as football and basketball. The girls of MUDT spent months creating new choreography to present at nationals. To go along with the new dances, costumes were needed as well.

After several fundraisers, the girls were prepared for nationals. Vice President of MUDT, Maria Acquarola, says the best part of nationals was “being able to perform on stage.” When asked how MUDT has grown as a team after nationals, she stated, “I think we are much closer as a team and ready to get back out there next year. We are excited to see what the future holds and hope to represent the university again at a national event.”

To watch one of MUDT’s performances from nationals, click this link! Team information and pictures can be found on the Millersville University Dance Team Facebook page. Anyone interested in trying out for MUDT should attend tryouts on April 30th, 2017! Congratulations, MUDT, on your trip to nationals!

*All images courtesy of Millersville University Dance Team

Jordan Ettien

Millersville '17

A recent 2017 grad from Millersville University of Pennsylvania! I hold a bachelor's of science in business administration with a concentration in marketing! I am addicted to Starbucks, cute dogs and candles from Bath and Body Works! When I am not working as a Chapter Advisor for Her Campus or as a Marketing Manager for my full time job, you can find me at the gym teaching Pilates! 
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3