This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meet our Vice President Carlee Nilphai! Carlee will be a senior at Millersville this fall, and is studying English with a concentration in Journalism, with a double minor in music and theatre.

Carlee has a lot of places she likes to call her hometown – she was born in Alamogordo, New Mexico, but left when she was just one month old to Odenton, Maryland, where she lived until she was eight-years-old, when she moved to York, Pennsylvania. Growing up, Carlee played soccer, sang in choir, was in musicals and spent most of her time singing Disney songs at the top of her lungs in the shower. She grew up in a busy household, with her parents and three brothers. She graduated from Dallastown Area High School in 2015 and moved to Lancaster, Pennsylvania for college afterwards.

After school, Carlee hopes to pursue a career in writing, hopefully for Her Campus National, Vouge, TIME, or The New York Times. Carlee also plans to write a novel someday. For now, you can find Carlee on her blog called Become, a blog about Mental Illness launching in June. Carlee also likes writing articles about current events, entertainment, helping the environment, and lifestyle topics.

FUN FACTS:

Her favorite quote is “I didn’t dream about success, I worked for it.” – Estee Lauder

She an intense obsession with coffee, Disney, Taylor Swift, cooking shows.

Her favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because food is great.

She is half Thai.

She can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 11 times without taking a breath.

Next to her career goals, Carlee aspires to be a soccer mom with a silver minivan.

Even though she isn’t the best at it, she loves to learn new instruments.

Alyssa Dicker

Millersville '20

Alyssa will be graduating in May 2020 with her bachelors in Communications-Public Relations. She also is double minoring in English-Journalism and Marketing. Drawing inspiration from her relationship since 2014, Alyssa's favorite topics to write about are relationships and relationship advice. After school, she is getting married in October to her fiance Brandon, an ICU nurse at UPMC Pinnacle. Professionally, she hopes to work somewhere where she can be an advocate for children. 
Carlee Nilphai

Millersville '19

Carlee is a Millersville University graduate with a BA in Print Journalism and a double minor in Music and Theatre. Her favorite topics to write about involve career, environmental issues, pop culture, budgeting hacks, and Taylor Swift. Carlee lives in Lancaster, PA and has a corgi named Alan.