This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Millersville chapter.

Meghan Tezik is a Sophomore at Millersville University majoring in Communications with a focus in Public Relations. Meghan is hoping with her Public Relations concentration she will be able to help larger corporations reach out to communities for community service projects.

Meghan went to high school in Philadelphia at Central High School. Central High School is the #1 diverse school in the country according to Niche.com. She stated, “Central has given me my groundings. That is where my passion for communications and experience in leadership grew.” Meghan was the captain of her varsity softball and field hockey team her senior year. Due to Meghan’s constant involvement in school, Central High School awarded Meghan with the Disharoon award. The ceremony was also led by Mayor of Philadelphia, Jim Kenney.

While still in her senior year, Meghan had also won the Youth of the Year for Philadelphia. She was incredibly active in her volunteer work with her local Boys & Girls Club. She was able to compete in the Youth of the Year competition where she won for her unit and then for the entire city of Philadelphia. Through this honor, she was able to speak at a gala of 500 business executives at the Union League of Philadelphia and also won Youth of the Month for the Rotary Club of Philadelphia.

Meghan is now President of Alpha Sigma Tau at Millersville University and she could not be happier. She said, “Being the President of such a great group of women is an honor. My sisters make my job easy.” Along with running Alpha Sigma Tau, Meghan is also a Team Lead at the Saxbys on campus. Meghan spends most of her days in Saxbys either studying, planning sorority events, making coffee, or writing articles for Her Campus.

Jessica Moore

Millersville

I'm currently a junior at Millersville Unversity studying biology! I started at HC as a first semester freshman and have been with it ever since. Along with writing passionately for Her Campus, I am also a member of Alpha Sigma Tau.  My passions include reading, writing, animals, and food. In my spare time, I thoroughly enjoy binging netflix, reading a good book, and taking naps.  Instagram: @jessy_poo96 Twitter: @jessy_poo96
The top fashion and lifestyle magazine for college women! Located in Millersville, PA <3